• Register Today It's free!

Oil type for 2004

StricklandUSN

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT V6 FLEX
I Bought 5 qts of oil last month...they were on sale for 12 bucks for all its valvoline MAX LIFE SYNTHETIC BLEND 10W-30 its only 12 bucks i know and i dont have the receipt. i seen the sale and w-30 and i guess i blurred the rest out lol is this any good or should i get rid of it and go 5w-30 full synthetic max life like i wanted.. obviously its better but would this oil hurt for one oil change? or should i save it for further down the road?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you will be ok as long as its still warm and not below freezing even then I dont think in Cali it will be cold enough to cause a problem the truck does call for 5w30

its a bit cool some mornings ill prolly just rid of it and be more attentive next time i see a oil sale.

Save it for your next summer OC. You mean you don't have an oil stash already?!?! Surely I am not the only person here who is also a BITOG junky!

Save it for your next summer OC. You mean you don't have an oil stash already?!?! Surely I am not the only person here who is also a BITOG junky!

Hear ya! I keep 2 oil filters on the shelf, so yesterday did not get one down first, drained oil pan, ready to remove old filter, thought, better see if I've got one---- NOPE. So now, I have a truck which must be used to go get a couple of filters, with NEW oil in the pan, and a filter-full of OLD oil still hanging on the side of the engine. Soon as I start it............imp

Back