• Register Today It's free!

Optima Batteries for a Expo?

CaptainObvious

Reaction score
City, State
Central, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT
Apparently they don't make one? WTF? I called Batteries Plus to order one, but they don't carry it. They do carry the CAT battery... but I have 2 dogs... :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just get a 34 or whatever series battery from Optima and make a custom battery hold down strap.

Mine came with a wedge and I bolted it right into the stock location.

Mine also came with the wedge. But I couldnt get it in right so my optima is just sitting in the battery tray. No problems yet with it like that, and Ive been Mahwah, Rausch Creek, and Paragon with it like that.

The wedge is all you need.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 383

I used a strap, and just strapped it in.. works great at holding it in place during a rollover :D

Your battery is dirty Al. :D

What number are the batteries you are all running in your Xs? I see a lot of yellow tops in the pics on here.

Al the Batt is discussting, is that pig residue?

Do I want Red Top or Yellow Top? What's the differnce. I've got to find one here somewhere. Autozone has them for $136 - Red, $170 Yellow

CaptainObvious said:
Do I want Red Top or Yellow Top? What's the differnce. I've got to find one here somewhere. Autozone has them for $136 - Red, $170 Yellow
Shop it, get the yellow.AZ has the highest prices around, my YT was 140 at peps

Red is more of a starting battery and the yellow is more for keeping up with a lot of accessories that draw power quickly like amps and aux lighting. The yellow is great for starting too, mine starts right up even in the dead of winter.

The Yellow Top is a "deep cycle" battery. It's often found in the auto sound competition world. People with lots of amps and neon use them. I put a 1000 CCA battery in my TBird last winter and it's fine, even with all of my equipment. I think I only spent $80 something for it with a 84 month warranty. I believe it's an Exide...

I'm considering getting a new battery for the Ex sometime soon, though.

Back