DIY stunt double
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
5 years ago Sheri and I were on the way back from our family reunion in Fremont, Nebraska.We were driving in the Nissan 200sx.
We got to a little town named Auburn when the alternator went out. On a Sunday afternoon no less-

My parents were about 2 hours behind us and getting ready to go thru Omaha, where an O'reilly auto parts store had one in stock. They picked it up , and brought it to us. We changed it in a car wash bay. The people there were terrific, loaning tools and even offering a place to stay the night.

Now jump forward 5 years

Well, about 3 weeks ago this alternator started acting weird, and was only putting out 13.5v dc charge.

I could not find the receipt but knew the alternator was a lifetime warranty. So, I called the local store, gave them my parents old phone number and by golly the part was tracked! They would gladly honor the warranty!! woo hoo!

It was not in stock, but the store in Independence Ks had it. They got it to the Chanute, KS store by 3:00 PM today.

I just thought I would share a positive experience.

Wow an O'Reilly that had people working in it that knew what they where doing. I'm amazed. The one's here in Kansas City, KS always have a bunch of high schoolers working in them. But any ways thats really good for you. I'm amazed they still had records.

Back