• Register Today It's free!

Pictures running 32s

therangersteve

Reaction score
City, State
Gallitzin, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Eddie Bauer
Looking at tires I'm going back and forth between 31x10.5 and 32x11.5 could some of you running 32 inch tires put up some pictures. I've seen a few searching through the forums. Anybody that's run both have an opinoin on one versus the other. I'm going to be doing the Shackle/AAL/TT lift before I put the tires in so I shouldn't have rubbing issues correct.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well first what gearing do you have, that could help determine your answer. next off if your planning to lift you truck and are questioning tire sizes go big as you can fit, cause later on youll wonder why u didnt. lastly though 32s are a nice size most of them cost the amount a 33" would. just my 2 cents

Gearing will probably be the most important factor here.

32s are such a uncommon size your best bet is 31s. There are more available brands in the 31x10.5x15 vs the 32x11.5x15 tires.

32s are great IMO. pretty good sized tire for offroad but still small enough to get decent mileage.
not an expo but you get the idea, 32in bfg a/ts
503_zps94afc2d7.jpg

Just got the 32's a month ago, but love 'em so far.
DSCF1195.jpg

DSCF1206_zps7e134fa7.jpg

Love the stance now.

018.jpg

15-Shayne.jpg

026.jpg

Gearing will probably be the most important factor here.
Actually availability could be a limiting factor too. I just got new tires. I really wanted to go with 32s but Discount Tire had 2 of the BFG KO A/Ts to their name in the whole country in that size (I think tirerack is showing backorder on them as well). And they didn't know when they were going to get more (so I went with 33s). Apparently 32s aren't popular anymore and tire companies are taking notice and MIGHT stopping making them. Not saying you can't find something in that size, but your options might be limited.

FWIW, YMMV.

Actually availability could be a limiting factor too. I just got new tires. I really wanted to go with 32s but Discount Tire had 2 of the BFG KO A/Ts to their name in the whole country in that size (I think tirerack is showing backorder on them as well). And they didn't know when they were going to get more (so I went with 33s). Apparently 32s aren't popular anymore and tire companies are taking notice and MIGHT stopping making them. Not saying you can't find something in that size, but your options might be limited.

FWIW, YMMV.

Well, I meant mechanically. Not thinking price or anything, but 31"s and 32"s (from what I've read) make a difference, and a gearing such as 3.73 would work better with 31"s. 32"s and up are a stretch for those gears. So I wanted to see if he'd be limited already mechanically before he started aiming for something that won't work well.

I'm not sure the axle code, but if it is 3.73, I'd stick with 31"s personally. 32"s will make you even slower off the line than the 31"s. With 31"s, acceleration under 50/55 mph will be hurt, and gas mileage in the city will be hurt due to that. Now, it'll slightly be improved at highway speeds and also your top speed will be higher. 32"s will increase both effects. So low speed acceleration will be worse, but your top speed will be a tad higher still. And in a truck like this, top speed isn't necessary. So all that, along with most people on here recommending at least 4.10's when you get to 32"/33"s, and the points made about 32"s becoming rarer, you'd probably be best to stick with 31"s. It'll be an easier fit too, with less chance of rubbing. Rather you get 31"s than get 32"s and need to lift even more to fit them.

3rd Picture is most recent with BL

DSC05471.jpg

photo9.jpg

IMG_5260-1.jpg

I made the jump from 235 and noticed a small difference in acceleration, city MPGs are down but highway stayed the same. I have 3.73s and had AWD with the tires.

Anyone running a 235/85r16? This is a 32" tall tire but stock width. I wanna see what that looks like

3rd Picture is most recent with BL

DSC05471.jpg

photo9.jpg

IMG_5260-1.jpg

I made the jump from 235 and noticed a small difference in acceleration, city MPGs are down but highway stayed the same. I have 3.73s and had AWD with the tires.

you were running 235/75r16 before and made the jump to 32s?

Anybody make the jump from 15s to 31s or 32s and can tell me how it changed their mileage.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh. A 5.0. You should be fine then probably. I know that with the V6 you'll notice the difference. V8 should have enough power.

Back