Please HELP with Alarm | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please HELP with Alarm

PapaShongo

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 FORD Explorer 4x4
Ok so i have been trying to fix this for about 3 weeks. My alternator went out while driving home, ok no problem I parked my explorer used my wife's van and went to work the next day. After work I ran by Auto-Zone and picked up a new alternator and attempted to replace my faulty one. In the process there was a little bit of a spark (that's right you guessed it I am NO Mechanic) realized my error and properly unhooked my battery. I then replaced my alternator and my belt since I already had it off and bada bing started my explorer, let me say I felt like the man until I went to lock my doors with my FOB, NOTHING happened so I got out with my keys and locked the doors to try the keyless entry again nothing happened. I have been scouring the internet trying to fix the problem, I have tried the off then on in 10 secs (at different intervals 5xs - 14xs) with no lock cycle signal to confirm that the reset was made. PLEASE HELP ME I am willing to try anything at this point I have searched under the drivers side dash for a switch of any kind with no luck

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lol, sounds like you blew a fuse.
Is it a factory alarm, or aftermarket one?

If it's factory, check which fuse is blown with a multimeter. I'm betting that's what happened.

It is a factory alarm, I will check the fuses with a multimeter. I did pull all of the fuses out 1 by 1 to see if any blew and all of them looked good but it won't hurt to really know. Thanks

Lots of times a fuse looks good but it's not.

Check the ones under the hood too, in the big black fuse box, as well as the ones on the drivers side dashboard.

Problem solved

Ok well problem solved, and if anyone else has the same issue I will explain how I got it fixed. It was a hot Tuesday evening on the east coast, I got off work and went to one of my Marines house who is a super mechanic seeking some assistance. Well we trouble shot the lines and the fuses looking for some sort of explanation for my issue. Long story short the issue was my RAP module had a blown capacitor and required a little soldering work on the circuit card. We pulled it out opened it replaced the capacitor and did a little jump solder, bada bing bada boom problem solved and everything now works. Thank u DjDomfor trying to help me, next project is leaning how to work with fiber glass.:salute:

Back