Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

POI's are not Nearby POI's

Discussion in '2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology' started by RJT, August 13, 2012.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. RJT

RJT Member

City, State:
    Martinez, CA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2011 limited/ '97 xlt
    I apologize if this topic has been discussed before. I believe i recall seeing it in some previous threads but a search did not turn up anything for me.

Situation: In a hotel parking lot in San Luis Obispo. No active route on Nav. Simply selected Destination POI and did a search for nearby Restaurants. Everything that came up was for San Fransisco (250 miles away). Thoughts on why that would be? Thanks

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. VinceL

VinceL Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Frisco, TX
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2013 Explorer Limited
    We have had ours do that a couple of times. We aren't sure why, but ours got stuck on the last city we did a search in, not really paying attention to "Nearby". It is like it was paying attention to the last searched position, and not the current position. Kinda makes the "Nearby" option useless :)