Problems w/ TYC taillights?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Problems w/ TYC taillights??

So I bought these taillights for my 2000 XLS model and I had them on for about two days, and they began to hold water and condensation so I sent them back. I received another pair, put them on, and 3 days later I had 1 1/2" of water in them. Anyone else heard of any problems with these lights? I've had other non-factory taillights on there before and never had any leakage problems. Here's the pic of the ones that keep leaking. Let me know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah.....unfortunately, I ve experienced leakage with my altezza's (water gathers in the housing).....from what I understand (and the many post I've read)...most of thes "type" of aftermarket tails leak, and retain water and condensation.......

I have heard that some guys fix this by re enforcing the seals with silicone......
My fix?......I took a very small drill bit, and drilled "drain holes at the bottom of my tails....I drilled at an angle that makes it almost impossible to notice that they are present when just casually looking at the lights...(even close up).....I know it sucks to have to modify something brand new....but this method seems to work.....

Good luck to you man....

D

Procarparts.com....(Yikes)!!

D

You should try www.autodynamic.com I think they sell real good quality things. I've boughten from them just so you know and they've shipped my things on the same day and takes about 2-3 days, so trust me

;) ;)

TYC tails are on ebay all the time too

i have had my tyc tails on for about a week , the day after i installed them it rained hard and continued for three days. I have not experienced any leaking or holdin of condesation. i'm very happy with the lights

You can get these TYC lights on eBay in regular, black, gun metal, and carbon fiber.

I have a pair of the TYCs and bought them about 4 months ago. I had a leak problem with the passenger side, sent it back and got another. No problems with the new one yet. I believe they have a lifetime warranty on leakage, contact the manufacturer at www.genera.com.

Back