New Taillights with wierd Vents (?) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Taillights with wierd Vents (?)

Just got a new pair of taillights the other day. They have a clear lense with black along the back. I noticed before I put them on that they have elbow bends that act as vents. Not thinking about it much, I put the lights on but now everyday they have condensation stuck on the inside. Would it cause a problem to seal the vents with putty after they are completely dry inside. It is very annoying to look at water in there everyday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If your going to seal them use some silicone, I don't see any problems with sealing them up.

Any Pics of the lights?

No because I do not like the way they look with the water inside of them. When they dry out I will take a few pics.

No because I do not like the way they look with the water inside of them. When they dry out I will take a few pics.

Take them out dump the watcher out then let them dry inside for 24 hours or longer depending on how quick them dry then seal them up like stated above. Can't wait to see pictures :salute: Cheers

I was asking for a picture of the vents just to make sure it would be ok to cover them, but would still like to see them when they are on the truck too.

Just took these.

Water Build-up:
P1010001-3.jpg

Water Build-up:
P1010002-2.jpg

Water dripping out after I tilt it:
P1010003-3.jpg

Drain, It is the black elbow piece. There are two. One for each chamber of the light (the stop light, turn signal Light chamber and than the back-up light chamber):
P1010004-2.jpg

Ugh, that's another reason why I just can't bring myself to Altezzas. :thumbdwn:

Ugh, that's another reason why I just can't bring myself to Altezzas. :thumbdwn:

To me they are like Lambo doors. They look a lot better on what they originally came on.

Celly,
How did you get that tailgate so shiny? I like it. It looks like it reflects everything.

Celly,
How did you get that tailgate so shiny? I like it. It looks like it reflects everything.

On the Sport or the EB? I can't remember what I used in either photo. I haven't had the Sport for 3 years now. ;)

That doesn't look too good!

Caulk/seal around all the edges of the lights for one, then see.. those vents shouldn't be the culprit.

Back