Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Radio/Clock Display not working

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by Luby, November 2, 2012.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Luby

Luby New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1998 Ford Explorer
    Hello,

I bought a used 1998 Ford Explorer.

The radio and the CD and all their controls work great. The display is blank. From time to time it comes to life, though. Then I can see that the clock works and can be ajusted and I can also see what all the controls are doing. Any ideas? Where should I start to check first?

Thanks much,

Luby

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Peck

Peck Active Member

City, State:
    Mishawaka In
    98 sport
    i had this problem i was told connection points inside had come lose and u can fix it look it up on the forum i just went after market

4. mhersh2356

mhersh2356 New Member

City, State:
    Orlando, Fl.
    1999 Eddie Bauer V8 AWD
    This is a common problem with these vehicles. I suggest saving yourself a lot of aggravation and extra time by just getting an aftermarket unit and have an expert install it. I put in a double din flip out screen unit (full screen fits in the slot) with all the bells and whistles in. It fits the original space perfectly and gives me GPS, bluetooth, single disc CD player, MP3, etc. and works with steering wheel controls. I tried fixing the old one and it costs the same as a new one with installation. With the old one you get old technology. The new one brings you into current technology with a warranty! No brainer. Good luck!

5. scucci

scucci Active Member

98 Sport