• Register Today It's free!

Radio/Clock Display not working

Luby

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
Hello,

I bought a used 1998 Ford Explorer.

The radio and the CD and all their controls work great. The display is blank. From time to time it comes to life, though. Then I can see that the clock works and can be ajusted and I can also see what all the controls are doing. Any ideas? Where should I start to check first?

Thanks much,

Luby

i had this problem i was told connection points inside had come lose and u can fix it look it up on the forum i just went after market

This is a common problem with these vehicles. I suggest saving yourself a lot of aggravation and extra time by just getting an aftermarket unit and have an expert install it. I put in a double din flip out screen unit (full screen fits in the slot) with all the bells and whistles in. It fits the original space perfectly and gives me GPS, bluetooth, single disc CD player, MP3, etc. and works with steering wheel controls. I tried fixing the old one and it costs the same as a new one with installation. With the old one you get old technology. The new one brings you into current technology with a warranty! No brainer. Good luck!

Back