Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

remove door panel on 2008 explorer

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by heathuff, July 11, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. heathuff

heathuff New Member

City, State:
      Tampa, FL
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2008 XLT
      Anyone know where I can find pics on removing the driver side door panel on an '08 explorer? I know I pop off the panel on the side where the door handle is and remove those screws, but are there any other screws or anything that need removed before lifting it off? Also, the outside mirror controls are on this panel, how do I get them off? If someone could link me to a video or pics that would be great!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. A Wise Guy

A Wise Guy Well-Known Member

City, State:
      McHenry, IL.
      '06 Limited Dark Cherry
      If you search in my explorer photo gallery you will see some pictures of where the bolts are to remove the door panel. All the switches are on plugs and easy to remove. Have a set of pliers handy because they will help in the removal of the cable that opens the door.

4. heathuff

heathuff New Member

City, State:
      Tampa, FL
      2008 XLT
      Thanks for the reply. When looking at your album you have 20all pics but none of them are of the door panel...unless im missing something?