• Register Today It's free!

Removing inside door panel

jcwillia

Reaction score
City, State
Columbia, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
I need to remove the inside door panel to replace an outside passenger mirror. I can't figure out how to get it off and don't want to end up damaging it or making matters worse. It's a 2000 ford explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

replacing outside mirror

I got the panel off. Thanks. Now I need to connect the mirror power. Do I need to remove the speaker to do this?

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post a message but i am doing so. someone let me know if I am wrong. Anyways I have a 98-eb-v6-2wd. I have installed a new engine. It ran great for about a year and under 4000 miles I will add. Now i began to exp. a dying engine . I had it diagnosed and it read a torque conv.code. Man did this open a can of worms. The shop that put the engine will only install a reman. tranny.I went to a chain tran. shop and they will rebuild but only guarantees the torque in case of failure or they will do a rebuild for 1800 plus. I kept this car for sentimental reasons as it was my late wifes .Now after the expense of the engine i am relunctant to spend a big sum for a car I drive occasionally. another tran.shop said the tran. could have been damaged when the engine was put in due to several electrical connectors. I guess people I need a shove in helping me to decide what to do here. the explorer is in super condition exteriorwise. thanks to all who replies and has any suggestins . Jac

You replied to my previous post. Try starting a new thread to get your question answered. Have a good one.

Back