Serious Negative camber issue. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Serious Negative camber issue.

JBigz

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer sport
Ok so my 01' Sport 4x4 has a bad negative camber issue on both sides up front. I've only put 10,000 miles on the vehicle since buying it, and it came with new tires. Well needless to say, I already need new tires up front, and have noticed that I have a serious negative camber issue that is causing it. I've not not seen any damage to the suspension or mounts, and it seems to be the about the same on both sides. I haven't measured it yet, but it looks to be 4-5 degrees. The shocks look factory all around as well, so I don't think it's ever been lowered. I guess the question is, should I just go ahead and replace the upper and lower arms and tie rod ends up front? Or just the bushings on the uppers and but new lower arms? Or maybe just buy the camber kit from moog and start there? also I'm not sure if this is noteworthy or not, but I have noticed that the rear sits about 2 inches lower than the front. I haven't thought much about it, since most suspension kits seem to accomadate for this difference. Anyway, any help would be appreciated on where to start. Thanks!

I would take a hard look at the upper ball joints. Then if it sits a couple inches low in the rear, it may have the torsion bars(if equipped) twisted up. I dont know if the 01's have torsion bar front suspension or not.

I'd guess probably the ball joints are shot. Get the issue fixed before replacing the rubber.

Take it to an aliment shop, ask them to check the ball joints ect. If all is good, get an alignment...

Back