• Register Today It's free!

Side Steps/Rails

OhFourExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Philly PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Explorer XLT 4X4 V8
Hi Everyone! New to the forum and I have had my Explorer for four years now.
My soon to be wife drives it and she is on the short side and getting in and out is a chore.

I picked up a set of the plastic molded step rails for cheap and have been searching for the mounting hardware. Here are the numbers I got off the steps that are stamped in the sides:
===============
PP GF 40
3L24 16451 CEW
LH
M688K
===============
PP GF 40
3L24 16450 DEW
RH
M688K
===============
I came close to finding mounting hardware based on the 3L24...number but can't confirm that this is correct before I order. I tried my local Ford dealer and they told me that the steps only come with the hardware and not by themselves. Here is a site that I found the hardware:
Step Assy | FordUS
If someone could take a look and let me know if this is correct or provide the correct part numbers or a parts list from Low's or Depot I would be grateful!
Any help at all that you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! I will look in to the grab bar but still would like to have the step rails.

Happy New 2020 to everyone!
I have not installed the step rails - I did get all new hardware and if there is anyone in the Philly Pa area that is interested in them let me know. Make me a reasonable offer!
The now wife (we got married in 2019) has a new daily so the Explorer is back to beater status and not doing daily runs. So I don't think I will install them. If you are close or know someone that will pass by the area and could pick them up for you let me know. You could also reach out on Twitter or Instagram @hyperxprojects DM me.

Back