Snowbash for Northeast/Midatlantic? | Page 39 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Snowbash for Northeast/Midatlantic?

Seems like this is a better BS thread :D. Maybe this should become the "official East Coast BS Thread:confused: .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by JDraper
Seems like this is a better BS thread :D. Maybe this should become the "official East Coast BS Thread:confused: .

Yeah I think Jeff got it right. :)

Woah I'm past the 1000 posts mark. I guess id better stop being cheap and become elite.

Originally posted by JDraper

or 'XX' BS thread......:D

Originally posted by Namitey

Woah I'm past the 1000 posts mark. I guess id better stop being cheap and become elite.

Yeah ya cheap *******, join the rest of us :D:p :p

Originally posted by Namitey
bah who asked you zukiman. :)

That's MR. Zukiman to you :D:mattmoon:

Besides, that little sucker does pretty well off road. Once I get it built up, it'll really go well. Got great approach and departure angles!! The other advantage is you can park it in the rear seat of the X to carry it around
:confused:

Ok, let's see if I can steer us back on topic here....

It's been said by forecasters that we're supposed to get a phenominal amount of snow this year, but God only knows when :rolleyes:

What do you guys want to do? Snowboarding/sledding? I personally would enjoy a day of light snow wheelin on a mostly flat area (donuts, snow races and such) but of course, we don't know WHEN THE SNOW IS GONNA FALL.

We could do a day or 2 of snowboarding/sledding at a ski resort if everyone's willing to cough up some $$ to do it, or we can just set a date and hope it snows on said date (if not, maybe some regular wheelin or just BSing, since it's what we do best). IDEAS???????

PAP, easy trails, Jack Frost Big boulder isn't far from there either, nice resorts

well i took jeff's advice and ordered some rims from summit. 115 bucks free shipping.

Originally posted by Muskrat
PAP, easy trails, Jack Frost Big boulder isn't far from there either, nice resorts

Sounds like a plan... its close for everyone

yep, it's close for Namitey, Lizard, and Me, that works for me!, everyone else can DEAL!;)j/k

Yeah, as long as the roads are good count me in. I'm not one for doing 80 in a 4500 lb. truck even if I have 4wd.

Hey Doug, what kind of wheels did ya get? 115 apiece or for all 4?

Ok, well since this is a pseudo BS thread and the following question kind of belongs here (especially since I know who will be responding and know I trust their advice, who else is going to search through 31 freakin' pages?)

Anyhow, I've come to a point where I need to make a decesion as to where to go with the black truck right now. The options are:

1: TT mod like Lizard's, SOA in the rear, 4.56 gears front and rear, locked in the rear with ARB air locker, black 15x10 rockcrawlers and 35x12.5 tires. Could all be done painlessly and within a month or so.

2: Outright copy Chris and go with a leaf spring D44 4.88 gears, ARB front and rear, 37x13.5 tires, SOA in rear (of course).

Option 1 is cheaper more obtainable (and thus realistic) whereas option 2 is just cooler. Here's the thing, If I'm gonna be spending the money to do Option 1, why not just save more and go for the whole enchelada? But Option #2 I'm not sure if I could pull off all the fab work that is needed, I'm still new at all this isht. Oh yeah, I've only had this SOB off road 3 times now and I'm this freakin' crossroads.

(I guess this is better that I'm asking these kind of questions rather than "which should be my next Mod? The Tornado or APC clear corners for my ultimate 4x4 off road machine?")

well as per option 2.... Im fabricating all the parts needed for the swap... hmmm maybe go into business doing SAS on second gen X's.....

option 1 is definitly cheaper tho.... more realistic as well, but who knows.... a crapload of SAS'ed X's rollin into paragon... damn that sounds sweet!

LOL, Matt, I don't think that 4.56's can be done in the IFS D35, could be wrong, but just a gut feeling. Go D44, let me know what you need in the next few days, there are a bunch out here at the yard I'm getting my parts from, you're just going to keep building till you get to this point, why not do it now, you have 2 trucks, can put one in dry dock for a while, I can do some Fab work, but I need to see about getting my hands on a machine:D

what about an SAS'd Ranger, although it's been done?;)

Yeah, a bunch of SASed Xes at Paragon (or anywhere else for that matter) would be pretty badass.

Shaun, yeah I can get 4.56 for the front D35 IFS but I can't get the 4.88s, which is what I really want. And if you run across any waggy 44s that don't look like 80 yrs old lemme know. What do those go for anyhow?

there are Waggy axles there, How can they be 80 yrs old, waggy's were only produced in the 80's I believe;)

80 yrs old was a figure of speech, what do those things go for anyhow?

Btw, on the BS thing, did anybody watch Sporanos? Why do I keep wasting my freakin' time with this show?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well i guess it depends on what you want to do matt. The sas would probably be more cost effective in the long run and would yield better results but i guess it comes down to if youre patient enough to wait. I got steel 15x8 rims from summit racing for 26 bucks a piece. Theyre white but im not paying 40 extra bucks for black ones =p. I got free shipping to. Since there is a run in the middle of november i now have some motivation to get my truck done. Im gonna take off november 4th and 5th and do the body lift. Then ill take off the 13-15th and hopefully get the rear regeared right before the run.

Back