Steering Wheel Arrow Buttons.. Right is Up? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Steering Wheel Arrow Buttons.. Right is Up?

Falcor00

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
This seems to be happening more and more frequently now. The buttons on the steering wheel that control the two in dash screens seem to have a mind of their own. I press 'right' and the control moves up. I press 'up' and the control thinks I have selected to move to the next menu. These are just two examples. Typically none of the arrows work the proper way.

Happening to anyone else?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You have to switch hands, use your right hand to press the left side buttons and your left hand to press the right side buttons. This reverses it. :D

No problems here. Take it to the dealer - somethings not right.

I've had this happen on occassion but chalked it up to wearing gloves and hitting the corner of the control.

you have to switch hands, use your right hand to press the left side buttons and your left hand to press the right side buttons. This reverses it. :d

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had the same thing happen...I figured I just fat fingered it and clipped the corner. If nothing else, the 4-way buttons are very sensitive regarding where you touch them. Kind of like the stupid hazard button ...

I've had the same thing happen...I figured I just fat fingered it and clipped the corner. If nothing else, the 4-way buttons are very sensitive regarding where you touch them. Kind of like the stupid hazard button ...

:thumbsup: Ditto

What was the culprit?

Back