• Register Today It's free!

iPod Playlists / Song list

EKY

Reaction score
City, State
Honolulu, HI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'12 LTD 4WD
I'm wondering if there's a way to view all of the playlists without pushing browse and clicking the arrows to scroll up and down.

Also is there a way to view all songs in a playlist. Let's say I'm playing song 40 of 100 in a specific playlist and I then want to go back to a song somewhere in the beginning of the playlist...but I can't remember the name OR what number of 100 it is. In order to find the song, I then have to go to "browse", "select the playlist" and then find the song by clicking the arrows on the screen..... or keep clicking the buttons on the steering wheel to advance the songs.

I've read the manual and searched the forums and even on syncmyride.com but was not able to find any information.

I find this very frustrating so I hope I'm overlooking a simple step. I know I could use the voice command, but I honestly can't remember all my playlists or songs. I'm hoping there's an easier way.

Also - It would be great if when browsing playlists or songs...you could use the "volume" control knob to scroll up/down instead of clicking the "slow-to-react" arrows on the right side of the screen.

I can't answer your browse question but I do have a question for you, a fellow iPod user :). When playing a playlist -- does the playlist reset every time you turn off the car? In my EX, I have a playlist of approximately 235 songs that I play shuffled. I'll drive & get to 10/235 & then stop in the middle of song. I'll start the car again & song 10 will continue playing but the counter will be back at 1/235. It wouldn't bother me so much but it really does reset so I hear some songs a few times before I hear other songs even once.

I can't answer your browse question but I do have a question for you, a fellow iPod user :). When playing a playlist -- does the playlist reset every time you turn off the car? In my EX, I have a playlist of approximately 235 songs that I play shuffled. I'll drive & get to 10/235 & then stop in the middle of song. I'll start the car again & song 10 will continue playing but the counter will be back at 1/235. It wouldn't bother me so much but it really does reset so I hear some songs a few times before I hear other songs even once.

No the playlist does not reset every time. It starts where I left off.

I played with the system more today and realized how tedious it is. The CD function is pretty good.

Try and put in a CD, click "Browse" and it lists all songs on the CD automatically. I wish it did this for the iPod.

My question is...is there a way with the iPod..to list all the songs in the playlist you are currently in. Right now I have to:
  • Click Browse
  • Click Music
  • Click Playlist (and find it by using the arrows)
  • Find the song using the arrows on the screen

All of this is really hard to do while driving so I've since decided not to fuss with it while the vehicle is in motion.

Also - as stated in the first post, I still think the volume control knob should be able to be used as a selector to scroll on the MFT screen when you're browsing music in MFT.

Back