Using Toothpaste to make headlights clear | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Using Toothpaste to make headlights clear

Hey guys,

This is my newest video that will show you how to use toothpaste to make your yellow, oxidized headlights clear again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXHTXdlWw1w

Let me know what you think!
**Also, if the video was helpful, give it a “thumbs up” on YouTube (it helps me out, thanks)***
Hopefully this will help people with old, yellow, oxidized headlights!

Toothpaste works, but isn't as abrasive as polishing compound, or plastic polish made for the purpose.

Something like Meguiar's PlastX, which costs just a few bucks, should make it a shorter and easier job. Using toothpaste, it will take a lot more polishing to get the same result.

2784_lg.jpg

Meguiar's also offers a protectant product to use after the PlastX, so they won't get as cloudy or yellow as fast. This is important to use since if you just polish off the yellowed UV coating, the plastic underneath will just get cloudy and yellow even faster than it did before.

4682_lg.jpg

Several other companies now make headlight polish and protectant products as well, so pick whatever works for you.

Toothpaste works, if you have just no money to spend and need clear headlights more than you need clean teeth, or if you just want minty fresh headlights.

Toothpaste works, but isn't as abrasive as polishing compound, or plastic polish made for the purpose.

Something like Meguiar's PlastX, which costs just a few bucks, should make it a shorter and easier job. Using toothpaste, it will take a lot more polishing to get the same result.

Meguiar's also offers a protectant product to use after the PlastX, so they won't get as cloudy or yellow as fast. This is important to use since if you just polish off the yellowed UV coating, the plastic underneath will just get cloudy and yellow even faster than it did before.

Several other companies now make headlight polish and protectant products as well, so pick whatever works for you.

Toothpaste works, if you have just no money to spend and need clear headlights more than you need clean teeth, or if you just want minty fresh headlights.

You can get the best results using this method:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrlIhRea8u8

Back