Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Weird Buzzing

Discussion in 'Elite Explorer 911!' started by Cjpooch, June 29, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Cjpooch

Cjpooch Member

City, State:
      Saginaw, MI
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2002 Ford Explorer XLT
      Need help guys/girls. About 45 mins ago I started getting a loud "buzzing" or "winding" noise coming from inside. It's in the drivers area around the steering column. Seems louder if I stick my head down by the pedels. It almost sounds like when an old computer is "thinking". I wasn't really doing anything when it started, just driving striaght. The noise will stop if I press the brake. I'm thinking something electrical because I don't have to push hard on the brake to make it stop, just enough for the truck to know my foot is on the pedal (not sure what the word I'm looking for is). I disco'd my battery and it stopped, but I hooked it up 20 mins later, and it started right back up. Doesn't matter if truck in running, or off and no key in it. I'm hoping my link worked below, but I posted on youtube to hear, link below. trying to do all of this on my iphone away from home, so I didn't have much time to search. I couldn't find anything after about 5 mins, so decided to post. Don't want a fire. Help please.

David

Youtube Video

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Turdle

Turdle Freelance Stuntman Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Humboldt, KS
      2000 Mounty
      Bump
      All I can suggest is maybe start pulling fuses one buy one to identify the circuit.

If you pull a fuse and the buzzing quits--put it back to see if it starts again. if it does, leave it and start pulling the remaining fuses, to eliminate the possibility of 2 crossed circuits..

4. marragtop

marragtop Well-Known Member

City, State:
      balt, md
      91, 92, 95, and 2000 xlts
      What sort of radio/sound system do you have? Is there a speaker near where you think the noise is coming from. Does the noise also occur if you put the key in the ACC position? If not, that would rule out some electrical components.