X-Charger..Used, Complete.....$1500. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

X-Charger..Used, Complete.....$1500.

SOLD

I am posting this for a friend, it's not mine. And not in my posession. I am just helping a friend get it posted.

Here's the story:
The truck was wrecked, but complete and running. He has the whole engine. The EE X-charger kit did not come with a chip since it had low boost with the stock pulley. The belt did break but he will ship it for the part # and length reference. All parts are now removed. All bolts bagged and tagged. This is the rectangle inlet blower with the coated rotors. Rotors are excelent, no chips or flakes or anything. $1500 shipped insured.

If it doesn't sell here, he will put it on eBay....but he is trying to avoid paying the listing fees.

All pics that I have I posted. I will see if I can get a short video of the rotors free-spinning.

And before anyone asks, NO.....there was no TMH's on it! ( I don't know why!)

$1,500 via PayPal, Shipped. Insured. Complete.
Ryan

Attachments

• ExplorerM90-001.jpg
    ExplorerM90-001.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 2,297
  • ExplorerM90-002.jpg
    ExplorerM90-002.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 1,277
  • ExplorerM90-003.jpg
    ExplorerM90-003.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 1,190
  • ExplorerM90-004.jpg
    ExplorerM90-004.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 1,656

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2 more pictures...

And to clear things up....

I am not in posession of this Supercharger Kit. The price listed is JUST for the complete Supercharger kit...Not the whole engine, with the Supercharger installed on it. Just the Supercharger, and associated pieces to make a complete installation.

Ryan

Attachments

• ExplorerM90-005.jpg
    ExplorerM90-005.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 1,209
  • ExplorerM90-006.jpg
    ExplorerM90-006.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 1,196

for what engine will that fit will it fit the sohc engine

V8

This would be great for my 5.0 Ranger build, hmmm... keeping an eye on this one. What years of explorer does this bolt-on?

97.5+ (GT40P, EGR) Equipped 5.0L V8's only...

Ryan

any idea how many miles might be on it?

PM sent..

two questions. will he ship it up to canada, and will that fit under a stock hood? also would like to know the mileage.

Crap, my donor explorer is a 97. So how do I figure out if it's an early 97 or a 97.5+? What changed mid year?

there's be an EGR tube on the passenger side exhaust manifold, and an EGR valve bolted near the throttle body.
I'm not sure if they changed from the conical air filter to air box at the same time.

I wish I had $1500 :(

Wow, I wish I could make this work for an earlier 5.0

Mak....

A new Lower Intake, EGR headers, Wiring Harness, ECM, and a couple sensors...

It sounds like alot more than it really is.

You will be 2/3 of the way there when you take stuff off to install a supercharger...it wouldn't be that bad, really. Just get ahold of one of the guys that parts the Explorers out...

You MAY even be able to buy ALL of those parts from the seller...I have PM'd you his info.

Ryan

Ttt

still available will it mount onto a 99 mercury 5.0?

Yes. And Yes.

Send me a PM, and I will get you all the info.

Ryan

Wanted to Chime into this thread since I OWN one of these kits, NOT easy to find, nor easy to find info on.

A) STRONGLY recommend 30lb injectors and a tune for the kit. Despite the kit stating it can work on a stock ECU with the stock pulley (5PSI) It runs worryingly lean with a stock ECU. (low 14:1 A:F under WOT)

B) My truck (V-8 swapped ranger, 98 Expo motor, 30lb injectors, Header-back exhaust, K+N Panel filter, Canned tune, and this kit) Dynoed at about 250whp (just shy of 5000RPM)/300wtq (3500RPM) for those curious. Stock headers, Stock intake piping, Stock heads, etc, etc.

C) Kit will clear an EXPLORER hood to my understanding, will not clear OEM ranger hoods. If you cut out the under side a spec on a ranger hood it will clear without having to completely cut through the hood.

D) For those curious, if your A/C Is dead, you can completely remove the compressor and run this kit with a shorter belt without needing an Idler

E) http://www.pulleyboys.com Sells smaller pulleys for this kit, I believe 9PSI is as high as you can get it. I'm running an 8PSI (2.0) Pulley at the moment on fairly modified motor now and it pulls like an absolute freight train.

GLWS!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back