MONMIX

I fix dents
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
I wanted to put the reciever in the center console, but with my changer, BWM switch, and my chip switch in there, there was no room.

So under the drivers seat it goes. Note the tamper-proof torx holding it down.
Also a keen eye will note I had to notch the seat rail to fit the lime green antenna connector.

Attachments

• Sirius tuner.jpg
    Sirius tuner.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 516

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I put the antenna on the roof. Hidden by the Lund Wing.

Attachments

• antenna.jpg
    antenna.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 611

I put a small slit in the lift gate seal for the antenna wire.
I have not activated yet but it all seems to be in check.

This tuner allowes me to link in the changer.
I did not take the camera into the shop so I do not have pics of the wiring

Attachments

• wire.jpg
    wire.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 589

Nice Job. I did the same install this summer in my 97 Mountaineer. I put the tuner in the right back panel. I ripped it all out and put it in there. Also put the amp on back left panel and built in fans to keep amp cool.

Nice job, I have the same unit. Only thing I did different was to run that wire you have at a sharp bend, around the box and tie wrap it. I dont like sharp kinks, they alway give me trouble after a while.

BTW, did you use security torx's on the sides as well? ;) wouldnt do any good if you didnt.
You will love Sat radio. My fav stations right now are Hair nation (rules!), Octane, and Raw Dog Comedy.

Have you had any problems with water leaking in where the antenna cable exits? I have some issues with mine * mounted in the same area as yours ).

Any ideas on how to stop the leak?

Your install looks great.

I stuffed my ant wire just under the hatch seal but didnt enter the cargo compartment until it got to the bottom. No leaks for me yet. The sticky glue holding the seal is holding the wire just fine.

When I installed mine, I put it through the rubber like circle around the hatch, in the inside I put a lot of Electrical tape and pulled it into the hole. Have had no leaks yet and have had it in for about 8 months.

Todd

jnealg, I am embarrased to say, no. yeah I knew as I was putting it in that fits into the " not to bright " catagory " I went forward any way.

Thanks Al, if you look at the thrid photo, the wire goes THROUGH the center of the seal. I have zero leak problems.

Just get some silicone sealant form the hardware store and put some around the wire. It is clear-you wont notice it once its dry.

MONMIX said:
Thanks Al, if you look at the thrid photo, the wire goes THROUGH the center of the seal. I have zero leak problems.

I gave that trick a try. Waiting for it to rain to see if it solved my problwm. Thanks, my friend.

Last time I was in Florida ( Febuary of last year ) It seemed to rain for about ten mineute a day every day.

Now look carefully at the photo Al, I had to push the wire THROUGH the gasket.
Like threading a needle. Just a big enough slit to push the connector through.

I am gonna cuss up a storm if I ever have to remove that seal let me tell you.

Not too shabby lookin'... nice job

Roy
K&N Filter
Flowmaster

Nice job installing your Sirrus.

MONMIX said:
Last time I was in Florida ( Febuary of last year ) It seemed to rain for about ten mineute a day every day.

Now look carefully at the photo Al, I had to push the wire THROUGH the gasket.
Like threading a needle. Just a big enough slit to push the connector through.

I am gonna cuss up a storm if I ever have to remove that seal let me tell you.

It rained hard last night and today... I just went out to check for any leak. Not a drop, your fix worked ( so far ). Thanks.

Thanks for the compliments folks.

Thanks Al.

Back