lifted 2003 exploder | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

lifted 2003 exploder

someone should just mount soloid axles in one all the way around and be dane with it. I guess that would be a DSAS Double Solid Axle Swap :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

alright, ill voluneer for the D-SAS... but first i need someone to let me borrow... erm bout how much would that cost?... and how about an aditional 5 bucks for lunch too :D

stupid question, but is it posible to get a towing package put on the truck at any point?

Yes you can always add a hitch and trans cooler to pretty much any truck/suv.

the towing package might include a bit more then that and it might be cheaper to get it from the dealer, especially if it includes different gearing from the factory (4.10's for example)

Doing a solid axle on the back of the Gen III might be a bit tricky and leave you WAY up in the air.
:)

SuRrEaLNJ said:
alright, ill voluneer for the D-SAS... but first i need someone to let me borrow... erm bout how much would that cost?... and how about an aditional 5 bucks for lunch too :D

stupid question, but is it posible to get a towing package put on the truck at any point?

Do it, Do it, Do it.

Anybody else email these guys about how they did the lift?
I did a week ago, and never heard anything back

i called them...talked to a few people and was told they do it in house. Then I ended up talking to the manager, Hermon and he told me they purchase the kit from www.offroadwarehouse.com So i went to their website and still saw no info on 3rd gen kits. I called them and they said they dont sell them any kit for the explorer....so i am stumped..they say they buy it from them, then they deny selling it...who's bullshiting me? eitherway, after jan. 1st i am going to do it myself...but im still wondering what ranger kit is usable..seems like people say a ranger kit is usable..but noone knows what year kit...

by the way...im chris...nice to meet you all :D

body lifts are not the complicated, add a rubber spacer and longer bolt on top of the factory mounts = done.
It is even possible to do this using a kit made for another Ford, which I am guessing is what these guys do.

i know what your saying, but its the small things i would like to plan for such as steering extention, lengthening of wires, fuel tank filler(which will be needed), figuring out bumper brackets...i like to plan out as much as possible before i go ripping things apart :D

well with a Gen III you are in uncharted waters meaning plan as you go....

Then just a 2 inch and all those things are minor...
that is the reason why i did just a 2 inch rather than a 3 inch,

Im asuming that what they meant was they used a kit from there for the spacers. Still would have to fab the bumper brackets etc.

yea, i was just trying to see what kit worked best (i.e. kit that had the most ammount of parts that worked), as i know some custom mods will be needed...

that dealership is kick ass! i would love to work there, just so i would get to drive some of them amazing lookin trucks

Wow, there number of 2nd gens looks decent. They redo the front suspension on all of them? Jeez...

Hey all new to site.......lifts for our explorers are actually VERY cheap.....its actually a set of coil spacers that adds about 2.5 inches front and back...i dont remember where i seen them but they are around.....no body kit made for the 3rd Gen that i know of

Stic-o said:
someone should just mount soloid axles in one all the way around and be dane with it. I guess that would be a DSAS Double Solid Axle Swap :p
funny you should mention that. i just sed that exact thing to my friend the other day. i say SFA/SRA it!! ;)

Stic-o said:
I'll second the fact that 3rd gen's frame hang down way far! :rolleyes:

It's funny I went looking through all the trucks, and thought, WTF is with all the pre-runner style lift's what is this San Diego? Then I looked at the address..yeap San Diego! :D It all makes sence now. It's like the OC :rolleyes:
dont be hatin....... :p :D

mines a lifted 2wd prerunner too but the only difference is my lift didnt come with a perfectly flat bill hat and a pair of dickies. :rolleyes: :p

my 3rd gen has the tow package, and it includes the 2 inch receiver, an engine oil cooler, 3.73 open diffs, 7 wire harness and I think that's it. The oil cooler and gears would be the hard/expensive to add items.
I really don't like that 1.25 inch hitch, looks wimpy and like it belongs on the back of a honda, not a Ford.

Whats up with this one?
lifted02side.jpg

Body lift with spacers on the front but not the rear perhaps?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Aren't 3rd gens coilover? You could probably use some aftermarket adjustable coilovers for a Tacoma.

Back