what do you guys think of these? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

what do you guys think of these?

I took my Ex off road last yr and got amazingly stuck.. and was winched clear by a Suzuki Vitara.. very embarrassing...

anyway, time has come to replace my rubber (inner edge has worn thru to the metal wires...)

so I've decided to get a set of these

http://www.bronco4x4.com/productDetails.asp?productID=680

they're actually cheaper than any other tyre I've seen and I think they look amazing..

Si

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ouu I like em. Give it a whirl and start a thread in the Products Review section.

Well, Hopefully my dad'll stump me the cash.. as I'm broke...

I'll do a write up once I get them n get them on

Si

They do look very aggressive.. Obviously you need to see how long these last as off-road tire are often softer and wear faster.. Also if you don't off-road often then will then additional cabin noise be acceptable?

Rain?

Didn't a fellow Brit say that those are probably not recommended due the lack of traction in the rain? I thought you were going in another direction with this? What changed your mind?

I want to do more offroading, but can't as my tyres are mainly road use only.. and these are cheaper than normal road tyres aswell, which is good.

I'm not bothered about road noise.. just another excuse to turn the music up!!

Si

i dig them, but like de rocha said, tire wear may be an issue. If you find yourself asking pops for help a lot, you'll probably doing it more with a really soft tire...

Didn't a fellow Brit say that those are probably not recommended due the lack of traction in the rain? I thought you were going in another direction with this? What changed your mind?

Nah, didn't change my mind and I've got another car for when the weather's really bad.. ;) a Mondeo 4x4..

Si

I don't ask him that often, but I've done 2 weeks work for him n not been paid yet.. so hoping he might feel guilty and get them for me for christmas.. hehe

Si

A Mondeo??

Nah, didn't change my mind and I've got another car for when the weather's really bad.. ;) a Mondeo 4x4..

Si

Got any pics? :D

yeah, here ya go

Image138.jpg

Image139.jpg

Image140.jpg

Image141.jpg

specs..

2.0 Zetec 16v 136ps
4x4 system

Si

got any pics of the granada?

got any pics of.. the queen? :p:

Now that's living! Wow!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back