flowmaster 40 intsall on 04 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

flowmaster 40 intsall on 04 explorer

axlelee

Reaction score
City, State
Boyertown,Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT
I just installed a flowmaster 40 series muffler on my 04 exlporer 4.0 today and I have to tell you it sounds great.I took pics from start to finish so let me know what you think.
100_0391.jpg

100_0392.jpg

100_0394.jpg

100_0395.jpg

100_0398.jpg

100_0397.jpg

100_0396.jpg

100_0400.jpg

100_0401.jpg

100_0404.jpg

100_0407.jpg

100_0408.jpg

and the video
th_100_0411.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

congrads i got dual 40 series flows on my 01 sport and i love how it sounds as well

Thanks man,now I got to deside on what kind of exhaust tip I should get.

mine are dual 2 1/2 inch tips but i wanna get them bigger like 3 or 3 1/2 inch

i cut my stock tip where it makes the turn to go straight back and put a 3 1/2'' rolled chrome magnaflow tip and it looks nice... not extremely flashy but not stock which is what i was going for (i should prolly clean the tip too... its pretty dirty... i swear theres chrome under there haha)

2456765_74_full.jpg

2456765_75_full.jpg

yeh,that's what i'm going to do tonight.I'm going to cut it right at the turn and put a corvette flat tip on it.

my exhaust tip finaly installed

I installed my new exhaust tip last night and put it out the side.I like the look and it sounds way better.let me know what you think.
100_0413.jpg

100_0414.jpg

th_100_0415.jpg

u should do a video of you reving it and do a video of you taking off as well so we can hear ur new exhaust

yes if you can please get a vid of you reving the engine..or maybe a take off.
I have both a flowmaster 40 and a magnaflow muffler in my garage from my previous truck (the flowmaster sounded ok but wanted louder, went w/ magnaflow and it was too quite, so i cut it off and went w/ a straight pipe :D)

Since i got the truck i've said i want to do the magnaflow so its alittle better than stock b/c trying to leave this truck as a cruiser not a speedy gonzales truck lol and i really like how the flowmaster sounds but do not want that high pitch v6 sound while accel.

sounds nice
was wondering about this now I know it's worth doing!
:thumbsup:

I will try to get a vid of it accel & reving in a day or two.Thanks for all the good coments.

alright we will be waiting axlelee r u going to do anymore mods to it

I'm not shore,if I can find stuff for it.I would like to lower it,intake,hood scoop,flip down tv for my kids,and stuff.If you know where I can get this stuff let me know thanks.

Intake: KKM offers a full intake unit, http://www.kustomz.com/054004.html. Otherwise, you can make one yourself for cheaper, but you need to cut up your stock airbox to get the MAF housing (which is what i plan to do).

Hood scoop: hellBay.

TV/DVD player: mobile-emotions.com has a lot of good equipment, but you can get this almost anywhere that sells car audio.

EDIT: lowering can be done about 2 inches with Ground Force springs.. check out asimp's Explorer (http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183506) too see the lowering effect of these springs.

Hey, nice work! Ive got an 04 also and Im looking to do this. It looks like 2.5" in/out right?

is there any benefit to going 2.5" in 3" out or even Dual Out? Whats the difference...

so u put 40 series flows on ur x now what u do with the other exhaust u had

He probably tossed it. From the looks of the old areas it was pretty rusty, so it was probably stock.

hey josh do u got sound clip of ur 40 series

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey josh do u got sound clip of ur 40 series

the clip exists. just have to upload it, i had a clip from my phone but it was crappy. my buddy took one but he's yet to send it to me. i'll get on it this week and see what i can do. it's PERFECT, quiet as can be at idle, but around 2000-2500 rpms it has the right amount of growl.

Back