flowmaster 40 intsall on 04 explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

flowmaster 40 intsall on 04 explorer

gonna have to side with Ghoster. Has a nice pur at idle but give it any gas and in my opinion it sounds horrible.
There is really no way to make a V6 exhaust sound good.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

gonna have to side with Ghoster. Has a nice pur at idle but give it any gas and in my opinion it sounds horrible.
There is really no way to make a V6 exhaust sound good.

I never had an exhaust on this explorer. Just had the magnaflow tip.

I love the tone at low rpms..but once you get like above 3000 it sounds like a dam ricer..i really hate it. Hate it to the point i'm thinking of going back to stock.:rolleyes:

BTW V6s can sound nice..my 01 sport sound really good. Not just saying it but it does.
I cleared out the 2 pre cats. So it only has one cat and then 2.75 piping all the way back. (no muffler).
Again with the sport i went a little crazy and redid the whole exhaust. all 2.75" mandrel bent piping. I'll try to get a vid of the exhaust later when i get home

my sport sounds real loud and deep but i bet it will a lot more meaner if i get rid of the stock 4 cats i still got in my sport

that's why i like my sound now. up to 2300-2500 rpms it sounds perfect then really quiets down. i don't have the ricer problem, but i also accelerate very slowly to save gas, so i'm always in the good sounding growl zone.

i dont think any V6 sounds rice unless u purposely put a cherrybomb (or resonator) on ur exhaust because that poppiness makes it sound like a honda civic when ur at low rev... compare the two side by side and ull see plenty of difference, especially when u hammer it and it gets high pitched rather than a huge drawn out wet fart

Is it at all possible to run dual exhaust in a 2003 ford explorer eddie bauer 4.6L? Including two cats and mufflers? I Have had my explorer for a little over a year and i have been slowly adding things to help boost performance and HP. I have already purchased a set of headers and 1 high flow cat and 1 flowmaster 40, is it at all possible to install 2 cat and 2 mufflers? Im not sure if there is enough room under there, or if it would even be worth it. I was also given a set of underdrive pulleys form a friend of mine and they were origionally for a F-150. The packaging says that it will work for 4.6 thru 5.4 Liter. Will they work for my Explorer?

ok ive got a question i got the 04 4.6 with 3 cats to behind the exhast manifolds and anothere after the pipes come together im bolting up an after market muffler this weekend and was wondering what muffler should i go with. what do you all think about the straith through cherry bombs (ive got one on my i6 and kinda like it how do they sound on these trucks and if i gut the second cat will it still provide enough back pressure on the exhats to still get decnt performance.

magnaflow si/do
sorry no sound clip
Picture029.jpg

Picture027-1.jpg

Picture045.jpg

magnaflow si/do
sorry no sound clip
Picture045.jpg

Now thats sexy! Any chances of being able to get a sound clip? I think I might be inclined to lose my hitch and do the same.

That looks awesome!!!!

That does look awsome,i redid mine.

I just noticed looking at mine, you lose the spare tire. I drive a ton for work and theres no way I could go without a spare. Looks like I wont be able to do that after all.

yeah that's the only part that stinks about that.

oki quik question i am redoing my exhaust in the morning will it hurt my gas milaege or performance if i gut the second cat im refering to the larger one right before the muffler

I have 2004 MAGNAFLOW very clean install , and performance. I couldn't ask for more. noticable cab niose, but if the radio is on you cant even hear it.

Back