• Register Today It's free!

How much could i get?

surfer1158

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Okay you guys i love my explorer and its treated me well the past six months but i will soon be receiving my sisters 94 camry when she goes off to college. I am looking for an older car that i can beat up and take wheeling, i am very tempted to inquire about this old toyota truck http://denver.craigslist.org/car/759296311.html (tell me what you think). So this brings me to my question, how much do u think i could get for my explorer, here are some details
-power everythin
- cruise control
-4x4 works, just fixed it
-pioneer deck and speakers
-164,000 and still running like new with recent alternator and radiator(past year or two)
-and last but not least cant forget about the all black paint JOB!(99c rattle cans)
-only has a small oil leak from power steering
*So how much do you think??*

Attachments

• 06-24-08_1503.jpg
    06-24-08_1503.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 242

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm going to say somewhere in the $1000-$1500 range, it seems explorer values have took a dump with the high gas prices. You could always put it up on craigslist for a little more then you want for it and see what someone offers you.

thanks i might just do that. any other opinions?

okay so 1991 Explorer 4x4 automatic with 164K miles
IN Denvers market I would say $1250 on the high side... $800 on the low side.

They are not worth a whole lot, the market is FLOODED with them here in CO

I would pay maybe $500 knowing it is going to need a transmission soon, I have bought 3 $500 explorer's this year, 2 of them needed an engine (5 speeds) and 1 needed a trans (auto)

Because it runs and drives and the 4x4 works, your 91 will likely get you $1000

haha shoot man thats disappointing news but i just had the transmission done like 2 years ago if that would bump it up. KBB put it at 2400 but i know thats way off so i put it down as 2100, heres my ad http://denver.craigslist.org/car/763939315.html. , incase ur interested 410fortune;)

Look on craigslist for 91-94 4 door explorers, how many do you see asking over $1500? if you do guess what they have been on there a while!

Not trying to burst your bubble at all, I wish I could get $6K for my 96, its easily worth it, but there is no way..... not when you can pick up 96-2001 V8's all day long for $2500-3000

Look on craigslist for 91-94 4 door explorers, how many do you see asking over $1500? if you do guess what they have been on there a while!

Not trying to burst your bubble at all, I wish I could get $6K for my 96, its easily worth it, but there is no way..... not when you can pick up 96-2001 V8's all day long for $2500-3000
Haha don't worry about bursting my bubble I guess I just needed a reality check. So I guess I'm taking my price down to 1500. I think its crazy how cheap these things are. A V8 for 3500!! Where have I been. But thanks fortune for helping me out and for 1500 she is all yours!

Lets see here i would say less than $1000. I hate to tell you but the cheap flat paint you have on the ex hurts its value significantly. No offence but i would rather have a rusty looking car than one with a cheapo paint job. The crazy amounts of overspray that you have on your headlights, and rear bumper will hurt your value. I would say list it for $800 and take anything close to that price.

Lets see here i would say less than $1000. I hate to tell you but the cheap flat paint you have on the ex hurts its value significantly. No offence but i would rather have a rusty looking car than one with a cheapo paint job. The crazy amounts of overspray that you have on your headlights, and rear bumper will hurt your value. I would say list it for $800 and take anything close to that price.

dont worry essex no offense taken, i agree that the paint does look like crap and deducts from the value but i may have a chance to trade that guy for the truck, and would it be worth it? Cars are my pasion and id definately pour all my time into it and fix it up nice, but would i be loosing money on the trade?. So the guy with that toyota truck that i posted earlier said he is willing to trade so i am meeting up with him tomorrow to take a look at the truck. Could anyone help me out here on what i should be looking for on the truck? such as certain things to check? u can take a look at it, the link is on one of my earlier posts.

Try Kelly Blue Book > http://www.kbb.com/

1. Go to kbb.com
2. Click "USED CARS"
3. Select year, make and model

You will get three choices
"trade in value" (this is what a dealer will give you if you trade it in, as a side note you will get about half of what the trade in value is actually worth.)
"private party value" (this is what you will get if you sell it)
"retail value" (this is the price if a car dealer sells it)

KBB is good for getting what it's worth, but not what you'll get.

Figure out what the lowest you would take it for, and list it a little above that. So if you'd take 800, list for 1000. If you get the 1000 cool, if not you still get what you wanted. Could you possibly just park it till gas prices come down? That's what I'm thinking with mine, get a tarp, cover it up and just wait.

Okay you guys i love my explorer and its treated me well the past six months but i will soon be receiving my sisters 94 camry when she goes off to college. I am looking for an older car that i can beat up and take wheeling, i am very tempted to inquire about this old toyota truck http://denver.craigslist.org/car/759296311.html (tell me what you think). So this brings me to my question, how much do u think i could get for my explorer, here are some details
-power everythin
- cruise control
-4x4 works, just fixed it
-pioneer deck and speakers
-164,000 and still running like new with recent alternator and radiator(past year or two)
-and last but not least cant forget about the all black paint JOB!(99c rattle cans)
-only has a small oil leak from power steering
*So how much do you think??*

Paid $500 for mine got 150K on it

Figure out what the lowest you would take it for, and list it a little above that. So if you'd take 800, list for 1000. If you get the 1000 cool, if not you still get what you wanted. Could you possibly just park it till gas prices come down? That's what I'm thinking with mine, get a tarp, cover it up and just wait.

yea thats what my x would be doing in about a month anyways cause my sister is going to college so i get her camry, and here is where my thinking came in. I really want a 4 wheeling rig but dont have the money to build one. so why not sell my explorer and find an old beater rig that wont be used except for camping and wheeling?:dunno: im meeting this guy today, he wants to trade cars heres his ad http://denver.craigslist.org/car/753820296.html

yea thats what my x would be doing in about a month anyways cause my sister is going to college so i get her camry, and here is where my thinking came in. I really want a 4 wheeling rig but dont have the money to build one. so why not sell my explorer and find an old beater rig that wont be used except for camping and wheeling?:dunno: im meeting this guy today, he wants to trade cars heres his ad http://denver.craigslist.org/car/753820296.html

:thumbdwn: IMHO. I think that your Ex can almost do as much wheeling as that rig could and you know it's history. Plus, you have a reasonable commuter that can be put into service when the snows hit and the Camry can't make it through. Keep your Ex. Tarp it, store it, whatever.

True, your not going to get the blue book but if he is going to list it, he can say give me the blue book or your best offer.
Example: Lets say its Blue book is $1000 bucks
He can list it for $1000 or best offer

Back