Out with the old, in with the new | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Out with the old, in with the new

I've always wanted a white gen 1 limited...

i for one, think the front looks awesome.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've been out playing too much to get my new panels on yet but i did get new ball joints and front u joints put in.

They're 16's off an '01 Sport that got flopped, tires are 265/75-16.

Oh ok yea I like the way they look with those tires and the truck

I want some KMC Bronze Revolvers but the don't go with the truck. I actually want them bad enough that i have looked into getting my silver limited stripe painted to match the wheels. You have to go with silver and shiny to compliment the truck as is so i like those Sport wheels i have. When i get my other four inches put on i have a set of Boggers in 35/14.50-15 that i picked up dirt cheap brand new.

The problem is i'd like to go with a 17" wheel with 36" tires and i really like KMC wheels. I also like the matte black with the chrome accents. The current wheels and tires will go on my '95.

0712070857bl4.jpg

Currently sporting the wheels that came on my Limited.

Yea I like that wheel to but it is hard to find a wheel like that that will match with the explorers older body style. Dude how many explorers do you have? lol

I sold the '93 but i have a '94 XLT, '94 Limited, '95 XLT with factory alarm system, and a '91 XLT.

I went over to see Pottsy again tonight after work since i had an idea floating around in my head. This is the result.

0606082147xl0.jpg

0606082157vp2.jpg

0606082156sp8.jpg

0606082155ab9.jpg

I'll get some more pics outside in the sun in the next couple days.

I love your X....looks awesome!

I started with a `92 XL, did the Limited Conversion to it.....Door panels, seats, grill...I was looking for a Limited Bumper...but could only find a EE Airdam (darn!...I know! :) ) that was molded from a Limited Bumper....

THEN...I dropped the hell out of it....

Ryan

Looks good, you need the silver accents and pinstripes to complete it though.

They're 16's off an '01 Sport that got flopped, tires are 265/75-16.

I've got the same size tires, looking for some nice wheels to put them on. I like th elook of them on your ride. Do you have a lift of any sort? I assume you do.

Just a 3" body lift from Summit since i work 10 mins away, $100. I have a 4" suspension lift waiting to go on so i can fit 35's. I planned this truck out all the way so i could fit 35/36 inch tires. In the end the front will have a D44 but i want to keep all the stock parts i can. Once i break the front axle i'll swap in my Grand Wagoneer D44.

Long time since an update, i go to Yankee Lake every Friday night and run the trails and mud. I've decided as always i prefer the mud so i sold my D44 and bought a Suburban for the drivetrain. I mainly bought it for the 14 bolt ff axles with 4:56 gears. Either way my Limited will be a Ford only in body and frame by next spring unless something else comes across the desk for the right price.

well the good thing is that dana at on time use to make all axles for ford,jeep,dodge, and chevy...

i think you should amke a couple of new front bumpers with stinger hoop already made...hehehe i love how the stinger braces cut back in.

Here's what it looks like now with the winch mounted.

0806082019fi9.jpg

0806082020dx9.jpg

or 37 seconds or so in this video.

I ALMOST feel sorry for the Stock Appearing X @ 1:32

Ryan

Love it! I found a powedercoat to match my trim for my sliders and bumpers on my limited. It was cool to have something other than black too. I toyed with the idea of painting the bumpers and sliders white as well.
Couple of pics for your motivation!

Attachments

• DSC00122.jpg
    DSC00122.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 175
  • PB090025(medium).jpg
    PB090025(medium).jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC00185 (Medium).jpg
    DSC00185 (Medium).jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 172

I ALMOST feel sorry for the Stock Appearing X @ 1:32

Ryan

You wouldn't believe how many stock rigs come out and play, ten bucks and free pullouts so you can really stuff a truck into a hole if you feel like it. I stuffed myself into a hole on accident last week. I could have probably got out but there was a tractor fifteen feet in front of me so i just got a quick tug and went on my merry way. I made it through the hole coming the other way so i claim victory, lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Air Dam

What do you plan on doing with the front air dam since you took it off, Im interested in it, if you plan to sell.

Mike

Back