Pictures | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pictures

just to double check myself ...when you put on your wheel spacers how much did you torque the nuts down?

i did 100-110 ft. lbs...does that sound right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just to double check myself ...when you put on your wheel spacers how much did you torque the nuts down?

i did 100-110 ft. lbs...does that sound right?

I would say that would be plenty, I use whatever the wheel calls for which I think is just like 85. Someone might correct me tho.
How did the spacers work for u?

worked out pretty good i must say ...i put up alotta pictures in my old thread

Heres a couple pics of my vette and x.

vetteandexpy3.jpg

vetteandexpy2.jpg

vetteandexpy1.jpg

With my luck I'd probably roll the damn thing.

Plastics off... big mistake without planning.

I high centered on a rock so yes a taller tire could have prevented that. Bigger tires equals more ground clearance. I'm really considering cutting fenders to fit 35's when I do the body lift. When I try the 35's on at a tire shop after the body lift I will know if it's something that is reasonable. If it is I will cut away!! I have a friend with a plasma cutter, so nice straight lines, cover it up later with fender flares.
Donner , how did it go with you taking off the plastic? How did you cover up the holes? Any pics you can share with us?

Sorry i'm just responding... If you want that plastic off, you have to plan on where to get what/and how much it will cost... In other words, I got yelled at, I yelled... you really have to cover the door holes, and i'm still working on the right flares... if any. Oh, and my wife has stopped yelling at me :D Now, if I could just get those 285s...

I'm no vette fan so hows about pics of you monster trucking it to bits
Scotty

Scotty

Scotty

Best i can get for now...this was two weekends ago.
Lift, new shocks and replacement springs go on this week!

expybeach3.jpg

expybeach5.jpg

expybeach2.jpg

Sorry i'm just responding... If you want that plastic off, you have to plan on where to get what/and how much it will cost... In other words, I got yelled at, I yelled... you really have to cover the door holes, and i'm still working on the right flares... if any. Oh, and my wife has stopped yelling at me :D Now, if I could just get those 285s...

what is it that you need to get?

285s! :) I'll get the fender holes taken care, just not 100% sure how...

STNGADC, do you get **** for a non-visable front plate?

Ok so I'm pissed, went off road today and got the rear end stuck on a rock, all the way stuck. Had to get the come-along out and the chain. Makes me wonder if I had the 33's still on there if I would have gotten stuck. Roadbully if you are reading this what do you think it would take to get 35's under it? I'm about ready to start cutting the fenders. Take bumpers off and cut the fenders as much as need. And LOCK the rear if not the front as well.
Anyways here's a few pics....
offroad002.jpg

offroad007.jpg

offroad010.jpg

offroad012.jpg

And a deer in velvet for fun....
offroad035.jpg

Anyone else have pics off road lets see them...

Great looking truck! What brush guard is that and how much? ;)

thanks, i'm not sure really. I just searched for a 2002 ford explorer brush guard on ebay. I cant remember the name. I think bigapple has the same one maybe he remembers?

I remember someone mentioning this one...
http://www.wooddashexperts.com/customer/product.php?productid=60421&cat=6440&page=1

I thought about it, but as I have a body lift, I'll probably not line up well at all.
Headlight guards will probably touch the bumper and look foolish for me.
So I'm thinking either the westin bull bar, or I'll custom make a heavy duty front end guard with light protectors and all.

Man that just reminded me that I'm doing the body lift now so what will happen to my brush guard?!!

Man that just reminded me that I'm doing the body lift now so what will happen to my brush guard?!!

Yeah, honestly I think it'll fwak it up...
but you may be able to make a bracket to raise it the 3" needed...
would probably just be a couple of flat plates with some holes in them.
I haven't honestly looked at how it mounts though...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, honestly I think it'll fwak it up...
but you may be able to make a bracket to raise it the 3" needed...
would probably just be a couple of flat plates with some holes in them.
I haven't honestly looked at how it mounts though...

Yeah that sucks, I havent thought about that yet.
I wonder if I just take off the sides that cover the headlights if it would look ok

Back