Ranger vs Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ranger vs Explorer

Ok I have a buddy who has a 94 Ford ranger with 32 inch tires on it and he says he has no rub what so ever and it is sitting on fully stock suspension (For now) but at the same time I have read in here that an ex can only fit a 31 inch tire. Is there that much of a diffrence on the suspension? I have a tt and shackle on mine and from what I have read a 32 should fit so I plan on going with 32s but This is something that I have been thinking about and figured I would through it out there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well FYI the plastic valance on the front bumper is gone, I figured I may have to do a little on the inside rear what about on the rear part of the fender well, on the outside? I have another 2.75 inches of clearence from the closest part on the outside edge of the fender well and the tire and thats with a 255x70R15.

you should be fine in the rear. Look into a 32x10.5 tire, Its the width that will most likely cause it to rub and not the height of the tire.

I have a question, I read some where that 255/70R15s were 31s. Is that right? If so I have that size but a buddy at work has 31s (it lists em as such on the side in the size) and his tires are almost 2 inches taller than mine. If so this is my tires as it sits now....

Also FYI the Shackles in the back have been cut and painted, They are not like that now lol
SDC10507.jpg

255/70/15 should be 29.05" tall

ok, we have an old broke down chevy on the side of the house that has 31s on it so i took off one of the wheels to see if it would match (its a 5 hole) and I know that some of the S10 rims will work on rangers so I hought i would give it a try but since it was a half ton the bold pattern is a hair bigger so it wouldnt bolt on but it gave me a good idea on the size of hte tire and I will most likely go with 31s instead of 32s.I would have the tires put on my rims but the 31s on the chevy are pretty worn down and 1 is almost bald but gave me a good idea on the tire size.

Back