Final project ideas?

colintrax

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Gotta do a final project for my CNC metrology class. Thinking it'd be cool to make something for my explorer but I don't have any ideas :(
Sooo what'd yall got??
FYI it needs some kinda fit, press, threads, whatever. Using a 3 axis mill, but I can probably use the 4 axis if I beg :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Make front some lift spindles

It really would be a cool project, and you could grab some old uprights from a junkyard explorer to get the measurements then just change the spindle height for some lift

Not a bad idea! But I got a feeling Ill be paying a lot for stock. Can't imagine emert letting me take that much metal

Decided to make a latch for the hatch, so I can open the hatch from the inside (very helpful if you sleep in the back)
Not sure how I'm going to attach it to the rod though. I also haven't though of a good way to make the length adjustable. Right now my only idea is a pipe with left and right hand threads to adjust the length. Really don't feel like cutting internal left hand threads, this is lots of machining already and I only have so much time.
So any ideas?
Here's my solidworks models of what I've got
Explorerhatchopenershaft_zps603502b9.png

explorerhatchopenerplate_zps0eb74632.png

explorerhatchopenerfingerplate_zps96d3c869.png

Back