Moab 09 - May 30-31 (Important info in first post) | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 09 - May 30-31 (Important info in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Out. Not going to be making it this year.

Damn, I was looking forward to seeing you and Tracy again. Sorry to hear you can't make it.

Mike
It is likely my father will be meeting me in Moab. So there will be 2 in my truck.

douglas right on! rockranger you have too! dammit you'll be missed!

COUNTING THE DAYS! umm too many!

well, I'm still kicking the ideas around about this trip. Gas is 40% of what I paid last year and my truck needs nothing to be trail ready.

If I go, I'll be camping at the same spot. Off fins and things. It's no fancy facilities, but a picnic table and fire pit and a potty withing eyesight.

GPS coordinates are 38.582799, -109.484827 just type that on google maps if you want to know directions.

The scenery is too pretty for me to stay in town.

moab082.jpg

Attachments

• moab camp close.JPG
    moab camp close.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 318
  • Moab Camp.JPG
    Moab Camp.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 324

43 days until I arrive at Canyonlands. :bounce: :D

That puts you there on 30 April. . . how about 30 May? Closer to 73 days when you posted. . . 'cause I was like "Whoa, coming closer than I thought...":p:

Danny - If you're in, I'm up for the primitive campgrounds - - Canyonlands is great for convenience, but $28 per night to sleep on gravel is a whole lot of beer money...:D

Paul
'91 Sport

Damn, I thought it was closer than that. :( Oh well. More time to get things ready.

damn, just blew the tansfer case on my explorer, need to get it fixed before the trip, anyone know of a place on the internet or a place in northern utah to get one for cheap?

hope i can get it fixed before the trip

I'm officially out

So...

What if I just happen to be there and there is more than 25 vehicles? Are you going to send me home :-(

Okay, I have an update.

I am still coming, however Painter Ken will be riding with me vice bringing his Ex. So technically, we can pull Painter Ken off the confirmed list and bump up my dinner number to me plus 3.

Also, I am putting out the look for a couple of empty seats for riders. My other brother-in-law and his girlfreind might be coming as well, but that isn't confirmed yet, which will also put my dinner reservation up to me plus 5.

So anyway, the plan is that Painter Ken and my other brother-in-law Brian, plan to ride their Harley's to Moab, camp and ride with us for a day or two and then also do one day of motorcycle riding in the area. I can't imagine riding that far without a radio :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Okay, I have an update.

I am still coming, however Painter Ken will be riding with me vice bringing his Ex. So technically, we can pull Painter Ken off the confirmed list and bump up my dinner number to me plus 3

Rodger 'dat... I made the changes to the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back