• Register Today It's free!

Custom Paint your Headlights

xTOM153x

Reaction score
City, State
West Islip Long Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT
Anyone custom paint their headlights? I want to paint the inside black and I've seen it on a couple of Ex's and looks sick. If anyone has done it before instructions would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My friends got Darken Headlights on his H2(or h3 i forgot) and it looks sick, especially since his truck is black and setup nice for offroading, their functional.. He just used a tint tape (I assume what you'd use on your windows)..

I was going to do it on my own truck but my dad's forcing me not to (i make the dam payments) saying you cant see out of it..
They light up perfectly fine.. which is why i want to do it..

looking around tho, they call it "Smoked Films"
(http://www.decalfx.com/smoked_headlight_film.html)

I didnt really want to do the actual headlights cover I really meant the housing around the bulb its kind of hard to explain but not the plastic covering but the housing as you would say just leaving the bulb, what it reflects off of and the plastic covering the lights not painted

I will let you know tomorrow how it turns out. Just took out my grill and headlights. Have sand paper and black paint ready to go.

Those look good but I am cheap! I made my own body and suspension lift so I wouldn't have to pay for them. Lol Well wait is broke the same as cheap???

im buying these at the end of the month for my birthday :D

Yea i bought them a couple of hours ago so i'll prolly take a pic and post it in this thread when i get them hooked up. I'm planning on getting aftermarket taillights with the blacked out housing or something like that to match it

i pulled my old tibbys headlights apart and painted them inside turned out great realy easy to do 5 bucks worth spray paint and about an hour of time all together im getting ready to do my headlights on my ex in the nxt week so ill ill write up a how to thread in the next week or so but itll look just like the 100 dollor black housing headlights u buy of ebay so ill only have to buy the $20 black corners

Back