• Register Today It's free!

Anyone been to Flat Nasty (MO)

T3h H4r3

Reaction score
City, State
Nixa, Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer Sport
Remembered finding it while looking for places to do some 4 wheeling in Missouri. Never talked to anyone that has been, from the pictures looked like it would be something different to try out. I did ask gman about it and he said he heard that its a fair amount tougher than SMORR.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have been :)several times. Yes some of the trails are more difficult, but the level 1 main road area is way more level 1 than Smorr was this last time, and make a big loop around the place, there is some nice level 1,2 trails that should not be problem in more stock rigs. Also u can ride quads and dirtbikes there or UTVs only down fall is facilities arent quite as good as Smorr, just porta Johns , but on the other hand there is very nice cabin you can rent for 100 night fully furnished even has washer/ dryer 2 complete bedrooms +large living room, easily could fit 6 people. I stayed ther and was extremely impressed with Cabin. I would like to go again sometime.

This is the Cabin
101_0272.jpg

101_0273.jpg

This is a level 5 trail
101_0279.jpg

101_0278.jpg

Main rode is driveable by pickup and trailer
101_0274.jpg

Cool thanks for the info. Maybe next time we could make the meet there instead of SMORR if anyone else would want too. not sure on on how that would affect everyones else decision to go though. Because i would be fine just going back to SMORR again.

Cool thanks for the info. Maybe next time we could make the meet there instead of SMORR if anyone else would want too. not sure on on how that would affect everyones else decision to go though. Because i would be fine just going back to SMORR again.

You need to get a cb before you start worrying about what run your going to go on next.

C/b or not, I have spoke with Greg and we are planning to try and hit Flatnastys sometime next year, likley in January, we will rent cabin. When date is determined, who ever wants to join is fine, we will have stocker run and little more equiped runs. Cabin can easily hold 6-8 people with air mattress's, so we would have room for a few more to split cost with us.

Checked my cal and I'm game for either Jan 9th or 23rd weekends.
I know they usually have a big Hells Frozeover event in January so would like to avoid that weekend.

So who all is game for a Flat Nasty trip???? lets set something up.

I have a stock 02 Ranger with a 4.0 and willing to go on either date. I've taken it to The BadLands and hit everything I could with in reason and had a blast so count me in!

Sounds good, u will be able to do level 1/2 stuff at flatnastys, but its still a good time!

So are there any dates that might be choosen for the run?

I'll say that the owner, Ron, has a sense of humor about some of the trail ratings. If you're a good driver and follow the recommendations for the trail ratings, you'll probably be OK...but if your concerned about natures pinstriping I'd be careful! :p:

Here's some pics from spring of '07 when we were doing some work for the BFG Outstanding Trails event later in the year. I was the stockish test rig for it. This was back when I had the 33x9.50s that didn't have much tread. I had the Lock Right in the rear then, at least.

The Creek Trail that runs behind the camping area:

IMG_0803.jpg

These are from Trail #10, White Knuckle--the trail CCC got the award for. We were making it a little more friendly but it is still an intermediate trail:

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

I did have some carnage near the end of the trails, though. This is the next day in the campground:

IMG_0886.jpg

Some other pics from a "black" trail (extreme), #18:

IMG_3353.jpg

IMG_3375.jpg

I have more pics in my photobucket account (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v490/SVO42/). I'll try to make the events I can once I finish my build!

Back