Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I've been reading alot about those tires on the Jeep forums. How do you like them and do they come close to rubbing? I've got a 2" RB lift to be installed, but I've been waiting to buy new tires first. Wranglers suck and I'm starting to slide around corners when its wet.

they have actually been really good and don't sing that much, I have the 265's and have no rubbing at all. All i have is the 3" body lift. I'm gonna try some 285's before too long. The 265's are the same price 285's at Pepboys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1223091229-1.jpg

Got my 265/70R17 Firestone Destination A/Ts!

Macknos94 How is your ride with the 3" body and 3/2.5RB lift? It's nice to see someone local to me on here, I'm in Lebanon!

Oh by the way more pics please....haha!

I only joined this site a few weeks ago and I am already addicted. I am installing 2.5 front and 2.25 rear RoadBully and putting 265's on in the next 3-4 weeks. I will post some before and after pictures.

I only joined this site a few weeks ago and I am already addicted. I am installing 2.5 front and 2.25 rear RoadBully and putting 265's on in the next 3-4 weeks. I will post some before and after pictures.

You came to the right place:D Welcome and looking forward to updated pics!

finally decided to post a pic of my ex as it currently sits...not really a good pic since it was a little dark outside....
What all did you do to paint all the lower trim...i am thinking about repainting mine because its all faded from the Arizona sun.

4192628522_37f70b823d.jpg

intercooler was just for the pic.

Before:

front.jpg

explorer08.jpg

After the 2.5" front/ 2" rear roadbully lift that i got for a steal on ebay for $155 and 265-75-16s

explorer12.jpg

explorer10.jpg

NEGRETE- Could you provide more details on mods or was that intercooler a fake one that's really a CAI thing?

Stanger67- Looking good!!! I think you need 2 more lights on top though;)

i say just alcohol wipe where they sealed it then seal it with goop. they will never leak but more then likely you will never be able to take them apart. i do it to all my vehicle including the factory headlights, fog light and taillight of the mountaineer. the fog lights on these do not keep any water out unless you reseal them.

Just got them done!!!!
DSCF8867.jpg

DSCF8865.jpg

DSCF8863.jpg

Stock as hell. Want to paint match the bumpers and fender trim though.

Anyone know where to get some XLS wheels?

l_63688b8afb9a7cdb052d677924e65811.jpg

DSC01431.jpg

well u have XLS wheels...

are you looking to buy a 2nd set ?

TEKTOO2

those housings look sick !

i want my headlights to look like that...

TEKTOO2

those housings look sick !

i want my headlights to look like that...

Thanks man! I have been wanting these for a long time! they make it look meaner. Its not fair that Expeditions come with the option and we don't...I cant wait till my black billet grille comes in!!!...:chug:

Gonzmexican, I think you just finally convinced me that if I get the chance, I will do the black headlights, black billet grill and possibly send my rims out for black powder coating!!! You ex looks awesome!!! Keep at it:D

Also, if you can loose the roof rack, that'd be a plus;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks a lot! I will be losing the roof rack come spring time as well as painting the plastic bumpers. Glad I could inspire you :)

Back