Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 28 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

those are nice i was in between with those and the ones i got im going for the murdered out look, but those would look good on any explorer..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wouldn't be worried about getting pulled over, id be worried about your rear wiper raping that sticker.

I learned the lesson the hard way, I had some custom graphics made and my rear wiper destroyed them. From that day forward, all stickers are out of the wipers way.

IMG_0276.jpg

After I washed it, no real mods to it, except I bought the chrome grille because I had the black one originally. Next on the list is new tires, fog lamps, and HIDs.

Thats why on my 05 the explorer4x4 decal is on the side windows :D

After I washed it, no real mods to it, except I bought the chrome grille because I had the black one originally. Next on the list is new tires, fog lamps, and HIDs.

Good looking explorer there. The red color looks really nice :thumbsup:

Thats why on my 05 the explorer4x4 decal is on the side windows :D

Good looking explorer there. The red color looks really nice :thumbsup:

Thanks. I'm really liking the red more and more as time goes on, especially since in my area most Explorers are black, silver, or white.

I learned the lesson the hard way, I had some custom graphics made and my rear wiper destroyed them. From that day forward, all stickers are out of the wipers way.

haha thats what i was assuming as of right now i cant see much out the back window so i figured there would be no point to run the rear wiper to clean the window if i cant see any way.and i rarely ever used the rear wiper . i now one day im just gonna say i've had enough and just ripped it off even though u just got it lol

You should have bought those 20's!!! I'm going to send you a link of one like yours with wheels like mine on it. Missing out man!

Well I am still debating if I want to drive 2 1/2 hours to go pick them up. I really need tires for my truck like ASAP because my left front inside is completely bald (upper ball joint issue I think). I found some good used Hankook Ventus 275/45-20 for about $180, so with rims I would have about $505 into them. And if I can sell my wheels w/o tires for at least $300 then I'd be happy (roughly $300 with installation out of pocket for 20" wheels and tires).

Is it worth the 2 1/2 hour drive each way though??

P8140279.jpg

P8140280.jpg

P8140278.jpg

I wouldn't be worried about getting pulled over, id be worried about your rear wiper raping that sticker.

Its not illegal, coming from a Police Officer in training you are required to either have a review mirror or two side mirrors, or both which is normal. As long as both of those options are not obstructed your fine!

Just letting you all know!

Is it worth the 2 1/2 hour drive each way though??

Yes it is... I'd drive 2.5 hours to get some rims. See if the seller will meet you half way.

Nice looking X. Great photo too. :thumbsup: The canoe...how do you have that rigged up to sit on that roof rack? Have you ever had the front of the canoe hang over the hood? Thats the way I was thinking of setting my canoe on top. Or is it better the way you have rigged up for it?

Thanks. I'm really liking the red more and more as time goes on, especially since in my area most Explorers are black, silver, or white.

depends where from new york you live, you might drive by me haha. Real clean looking x way less scratches than mine.

depends where from new york you live, you might drive by me haha. Real clean looking x way less scratches than mine.

Yeah Im in queens. But I try to keep the car in as best condition as I can considering its 9 years old and my dad used to use it to get to work and back but yeah the car is in pretty good shape.

Yeah Im in queens. But I try to keep the car in as best condition as I can considering its 9 years old and my dad used to use it to get to work and back but yeah the car is in pretty good shape.

I salute you sir nassau is a pain for me all the time it looks like drivers want to hit you or bash there door on you in a lot.

done some more stuff to my ex. took the running boards off and the front plastic peace thats under the bumper and blacked out the 3rd brake light.
IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

done some more stuff to my ex. took the running boards off and the front plastic peace thats under the bumper and blacked out the 3rd brake light.

You interested in getting rid of the front plastic peace thats under the bumper?

Explorerking01,

your X looks really clean fella ! pst... im a sucker for Red X's lol...

I to will be removing the front air dam once my bull bar comes in the mail, and will be removing my running boards also.

if i may make one mod suggestion, since you have the grille mounted aux lights, i think a factory chrome grille would look really good on your X, to get rid of the bland grey plastic...

I'd be interested in seeing how you mounted those lights behind the grill. I have some Hella 500s that my brother in law and I are trying to fabricate some type of brace that could go across the inside of the bumper so that I can mount the 2 I have, and add more as desired in the future.

96367d73.jpg

My new hunter brushguard in BLACK. Do I have the chrome grill its just chrome paint it's plastic isnt it? Hopefully I will get around to painting it black soon. Any decent black spray paint work?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back