MR.P's 2002 Sport 2wd. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MR.P's 2002 Sport 2wd.

MR.P's 2002 Sport 2wd UPDATE; Black and gold

Hey guys, ive started driving this thing recently after it being parked for a year + i purchased it put about 50k miles in a year and parked it. I bought it with 40,000 miles on the odo from a dealership.

Ive found myself posting pictures and thread jacking i just figured i should start one of these.

it started out as a nice daily driver but within a month had a 15" sub and a 3kw amp, from there i upgraded and things got out of hand quickly.

video of the damage i gutted the interior and began fiberglassing the headliner. Ill get pictures of this when i cleanup the interior someday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0065.jpg

lights on at night.

note; the brake is not applied so im well lit up at night and havent got stopped since i put the lights under the hatch.

explorer.jpg

P1010001.jpg

IMG00162.jpg

IMAG0088.jpg

Just got some accent lights up, really added a bit of flare to the front end, these are set up just temporarily. I can remove them in 2 minutes, they are connected to the turn signal "minor" wire or the running lights.

IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0094.jpg

lookin good keep up good work

Nice looking sport.

thanks guys ill try to get some artsy pictures up sometime :)

subscribing

Nice lookin truck, love the stereo setup in the vid, appears to do some damage lol.

I really like all the little extra touches you done! Subscribing.

I PAID IT OFF i will get my title in a week but i own this vehicle as of 2pm today! great feeling!!!! i owed 3000$ but i offered to settle for "2400$" and due to me being jobless and incomeless they took it but it was a week before they responded so i gave them the.."well you took to long so now i only have 2000$" no hesitation they took the offer :D

anyways, have a dead low beam so i think its finally HID time,

also used jb weld to fix a LARGE hole in a high pressure side of the a/c system....2 coats, i charged it up and its been holding 2 days in a row. The cost for repairs was 650$ at an a/c shop what a rip, 260$ in parts!!!!

And i have REALLY been considering a rear end gear upgrade/aussie locker, im at 2200rpm on the freeway 65-70 with 32.5" actual diameter tires. If i do it i will be going with 4.88's or something....this thing does almost 90mph in second gear, if i can bring my current spread down about 20-30mph this thing will be a rocket :)

some more pictures ms.p
IMAG0095.jpg

just showing off the custom paint its escape gold with enough crystal white pearl to do 4 candy cars! escape gold has more metallic flake made for a better base over the exploder gold.
IMAG0137.jpg

and heres one of her weekend shine!
IMAG0138.jpg

Both Cali Gurls are hott and in great shape:)

Well i got sick of the chrome, it really got to me, also some stone chips on the front of the car and the roof still bare metal from when i ground it off to reweld it...SO I went plastidip CRAZY!!! And it looks (excuse my language) FT%$#@ AWESOME! i LOVE the new look.

Photo_A0DA5D1F-B760-37F9-722F-97032B521158.jpg

halfway through the wheel coating.

The roof
Photo_3551F448-49E2-807C-9479-8E226E4ADB76.jpg

The drivers door jamb i did the same to the passenger side.

Photo_70FFE2FB-52E5-16D8-4EBF-04B8C8849DB6.jpg

WOW those pictures are huge! i appologise.

The rear end, not to excited about the lines coming down to the back glass but i can always peel it off and respray it later on :)

Photo_F1475CFA-727C-96CF-8D8A-AD4BB5BD335D.jpg

Some finished shots;

Photo_057672E9-5D2C-EE5F-4058-1C60959EAC56.jpg

Photo_11B7F53A-5844-C57D-F9A1-56F111FEDC9B.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have the same truck but 4x4 and lifted and i hated this body style lowered until i saw yours everyone always has mustang wheels or some small wheel with rubber band low pro tires i really like the stance and you actually have some meat on the tires very nicely done i like the lights and cladding to match also, good job

Back