4th Gen Explorer Pictures | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ok well then Im sure its less then 3,500...car trailers are normally around a 1000 pounds I'm pretty sure. I was just curious because I wonder how it would handle towing a 4000 pound car. Which would ruffly be around 5k...and ford says it can tow over 7k...but thats rated on flat ground.
Yeah, it's probably a good bit less.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hehe...heres a pic I found of her that I took last year:)

ex.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

Nice 4th gens! One thing I dont like about them though, I dont own one!

Yes, nice collection of pics.

I don't see "attachment" icon for attaching pics, or am I missing something?

I was looking at your explorer and wanted to know where you got that grille and cages for the back lights. I also wanted to know what wheels and tires you have on those and if you had to lift your car to put those on.

Thanks,

Justin

I was looking at your explorer and wanted to know where you got that grille and cages for the back lights. I also wanted to know what wheels and tires you have on those and if you had to lift your car to put those on.

Thanks,

Justin

Who's ex are you talking about?

Wow, lol so who wants to trade a 4th gen for a 3rd gen???

ha pass..

I'll pass, I like the power and economy of the newer V8, 6 speed, floor shifter. Thanks.

I finally got around to detailing her today so here she is,

Explorer2.jpg

Explorer1.jpg

Looks nice with all that chrome.

Not gonna lie, that is a shiny Explorer. :D

That Ex is so shiny you have to wear shades-Nice Detail!!

Console shifter (versus column-mounted) is another way to say it.

Oh, right. That's one of the things I don't like about my Explorer. It takes up so much room and there's no space to put anything. I like the shifter, but I'd rather have it where the steering wheel is to free up space.

Oh, right. That's one of the things I don't like about my Explorer. It takes up so much room and there's no space to put anything. I like the shifter, but I'd rather have it where the steering wheel is to free up space.

My preference is floor shifter for a variety of reasons, including direct connection/feel. Plus the common and expensive breaking of column shifter is best avoided (a family member just went through that on his 04). The redesigned 06 steering column is also safer.

My preference is floor shifter for a variety of reasons, including direct connection/feel. Plus the common and expensive breaking of column shifter is best avoided (a family member just went through that on his 04). The redesigned 06 steering column is also safer.

I like the feel, but I don't know anyone who's had a problem with the column shifter, so I don't see how it's common. It's not like it matters, though, because I can't change it...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like the feel, but I don't know anyone who's had a problem with the column shifter, so I don't see how it's common. It's not like it matters, though, because I can't change it...

It's common enough with several 3rd gen posters giving actual input on what they paid to get it fixed. Agreed nothing to do, unless it breaks and disables the truck.

A member of my family had his break on his driveway late last year.

Back