1997 Ford Explorer XLT | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1997 Ford Explorer XLT

This thread will be dedicated to all the crap that I do to my truck ;)

I got my explorer from my fiance's parents for free. It had 163k miles on it, garage kept, new motor in 2002 (first one snapped the timing chain), always serviced at the ford dealer.

IMG_3675.jpg

IMG_3674.jpg

IMG_3673.jpg

IMG_3671.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As fpr the fog lights aiming high far away, if you want to fix that, try to aim them while your about 20 feet away from that fence. It looks like you are too close in the picture above and the geometry is off since the fogs sit about a foot or two below the head lights. Aim them about a foot below the headlights and it should be better. That is if you have any problem with the way they are now. If not, Happy wheelin'.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wouldn't doubt it one bit. Remind me of a story back in high school we were in one of my buddies truck and we were racing across the desert at midnight. well for some reason his headlights came loose and the only thing shining ahead was his fog lights which were, of course, aiming pretty much 8 feet of us and we didn't see the ditch soon enough to slow down. Needless to say we lost a shock mount, spring displaced, and passenger door hinges broke. So yeah moral of the story, these fog lights would have been worth something if they were aimed a bit higher. Good thinkin.

The Gen2s really seem to last. I betcha get a new tie rod end at the alignment, you might wanna check them first and seave yurself some dough.

Same color as my '95, stipe and all. I really like that color. I always wanted the boards. I bought my '95 at 168K or so and ran it to 318K. You'll get tired of it before it gets tired of you. Have fun!

Its all stock, however they do make little LED's that would fit in the buttons... check out V-leds.com

Do you know the part numbers off hand? I checked out their website and wasn't sure what I was looking for. I did my gauge cluster but need to finish off the rest of it. Truck looks good keep it up.

Do you know the part numbers off hand? I checked out their website and wasn't sure what I was looking for. I did my gauge cluster but need to finish off the rest of it. Truck looks good keep it up.

uh, my friend used 194 bulbs and put them in the cluster bulb bases.... I think they are 194's, but if they aren't, its not my fault :D

uh, my friend used 194 bulbs and put them in the cluster bulb bases.... I think they are 194's, but if they aren't, its not my fault :D

I did all those ones I was looking for the ones that go in the fog light button and rear defrost button and anywhere else i can stick them.

I did all those ones I was looking for the ones that go in the fog light button and rear defrost button and anywhere else i can stick them.

I think they are T3's, but I've never ordered them to compare... I'm just going by the pictures they put online

Back