Strutteks installed....serious rake | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Strutteks installed....serious rake

Heres mine with strut teks front and rear

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k556/turbostang46/Explorer/IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow nice X thanks for the pic im sold will be purchasing in next couple weeks. thanks

front quick struts should arrive on 3/17, out of stock on rears, I'll keep you posted...

rondo and chit what tire size are in those pics 245 or 235? i have 255 general grabber A/T 2's and think it would fill in the wheel well nicely there pretty nubby. Could I use say an inch or 2 leveling kit in the front with these? And would it just be a set of blocks for the front? this would be the perfect setup for me casue i need new struts and want to gain some height.

Mine are 235/70/16. They look like 14's with that lift though.

I do plan on having 265/70/16's installed sometime in the next few weeks. I will post back some good pics and it should give you a better idea what yours will look like. I was going to go 255, but I know 265's will fit no problem with that lift.

I dont plan to level it with anything in the front. I am not a fan of spacers so if I choose to get rid of the rake it will be by changing out the rear struteks for another brand. At $160 for the pair I wont cry too hard over the wasted money.

Im still unsure though. Some angles the rake looks cool and some it looks bad. I need to see it with the big tires to be sure.

Nice truck turbostang. I should of held out for that color.

Mine are 235/70/16. They look like 14's with that lift though.

I do plan on having 265/70/16's installed sometime in the next few weeks. I will post back some good pics and it should give you a better idea what yours will look like. I was going to go 255, but I know 265's will fit no problem with that lift.

I dont plan to level it with anything in the front. I am not a fan of spacers so if I choose to get rid of the rake it will be by changing out the rear struteks for another brand. At $160 for the pair I wont cry too hard over the wasted money.

Im still unsure though. Some angles the rake looks cool and some it looks bad. I need to see it with the big tires to be sure.

Nice truck turbostang. I should of held out for that color.

Thanks Chitown, I would give your truck a few weeks to settle they will come down a little. I'll try to take some side pics of mine tomorrow.

265's are not that big, they will still look small after a lift
I have them on mine at stock height with no issues :)

Is there pics of your truck I can see somewhere?

For some reason, I couldn't find any pic better than this one, I'll have to take some

th_04052009.jpg

285s are the way to go

I got these tires new, I drive ~10k miles a year, so I figure these will last me ~ 5-6 years? can't justify bigger tires :p:

Still waiting to see pictures of the stock coils vs the strutteks......

El Paso, TX, United States 03/17/2011 4:58 A.M. Out For Delivery
So today I should get them for the front, I'll take a pic as it sits now and as soon as I install them, an after pic

Heres pic with strutteks installed front and rear. Sorry for quality cell phone pic
photo.jpg

Heres pic with strutteks installed front and rear. Sorry for quality cell phone pic
photo.jpg

Her ass is perky:D Now where's the comparison pictures of the struts???

Her ass is perky:D Now where's the comparison pictures of the struts???

Ya she is a little perky but for the money and better ride quality I dont mind it one bit. Sorry dont have any pics of struts

Quick question, I noticed that Stutteks have different part numbers for front and rear struts. Is there a difference in mounting hardware between front and rear struts on gen3 Xs? If not, why not use the rear struts on the front and create the greater lift in the front?

Anyone have any internal pics of these, Like underneath shots and so forth?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Quick question, I noticed that Stutteks have different part numbers for front and rear struts. Is there a difference in mounting hardware between front and rear struts on gen3 Xs? If not, why not use the rear struts on the front and create the greater lift in the front?

The fronts and rears are different.

Anyone have any internal pics of these, Like underneath shots and so forth?

I'll get some shots tomorrow, weather permitting. I only have them on the rears. Haven't installed them up front yet.

Back