• Register Today It's free!

V8 Explorer MSRP's (mines a 98)

99awd50

Reaction score
City, State
The Bay
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 5 liter
I been cleaning out the explorer in preparations of a road trip. Anyone still have their window sticker... ...who would of thought the ****box i drive was retailed at 33k dollars! :rolleyes: who the hell would pay that back in 98... it does have a decent amount of options on it...

I seen a v8 explorer at the boneyard over the weekend and i loved its gray interior over my tan interior...it didnt have the premium sound system. I do have the rear bass sub, 6 disc changer in console...roof rack, keypad entry, power eveything. running boards... i forget all the options but there are like 8 to 10 of them in the option column... im pissed i dont have a hitch

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

for my 97 Mounty :D

32,720 MSRP:thumbsup:

what i paid for it 2 months ago? I ain't telling ;)

2011-04-09122118-1-1.jpg

V/8 Explorer/Mountaineer MSRP

Our 2001 Mountaineer Monterey msrp was $34,195.It had 119,500 miles on it when I bought it in March,2007. I paid $5000 for it & have done regular maintenance on it. It has been,and is, an excellent truck. It will turn 150,000 miles this week.:usa:

11bjdeg.jpg

$36,135, Bought it in 05 when gas was also 4.50 for regular, was traded in on a focus wagon. Had 136k miles and paid $5,000 USD Currently at 214k miles and on original powertrain down to the alt and starter. Have done several brake jobs, wheel bearings and am on the 2nd set of tires.

Best vehicle I have ever owned and better than most of anyone I know.
They dont build em like this anymore.
6-6-11002.jpg

DSCN0744.jpg

I will probably replace it with a high line Ford Edge after I roll 300k on the ole 5litre, hopefully I can get an Edge for 5 grand by then. Current used car prices are out of sight IMO.

$36,135, Bought it in 05 when gas was also 4.50 for regular, was traded in on a focus wagon. Had 136k miles and paid $5,000 USD Currently at 214k miles and on original powertrain down to the alt and starter. Have done several brake jobs, wheel bearings and am on the 2nd set of tires.

6-6-11002.jpg

DSCN0744.jpg

I will probably replace it with a high line Ford Edge after I roll 300k on the ole 5litre, hopefully I can get an Edge for 5 grand by then. Current used car prices are out of sight IMO.

I love those 16inch stock wheels.... ...my original sticker is wierd...it doesn't have the gas mileage rating.... i think mine was sold at a auction in fontana california...i will post up a pic of it as soon as i get a chance.. :D

I find it hard to believe these trucks were in the 30K range back in the late 90's.
I only paid $2500 bucks for my 98 a little over 3 years ago with only 58K miles on it.
Yea.. I stole it!

6-6-11002.jpg

DSCN0744.jpg

Mine new is about the same as yours, except mine is a 2001 eddie w/ every option except class III and ARC.

I find it hard to believe these trucks were in the 30K range back in the late 90's.
I only paid $2500 bucks for my 98 a little over 3 years ago with only 58K miles on it.
Yea.. I stole it!

EXACTLY... i paid 1000 dollars for mine in 2009.....the only problem..... water in the oil.... a pin hole was created by unchanged coolant that basically ate away at the timing cover.. great find for me.

...who would of thought the ****box i drive was retailed at 33k dollars! :rolleyes: who the hell would pay that back in 98...

Why? Look at the **** that passes as "SUV" those days and how much they are asking for now.
PS: What cost $33000 in 1998 would cost $43919.87 in 2010...

I just inherited a 97 5.0 AWD with 35k miles on it and the sticker was 32k.. Still has the replacement tires Ford put on it after the firestone deal... Looks brand new on inside and out.

I just inherited a 97 5.0 AWD with 35k miles on it and the sticker was 32k.. Still has the replacement tires Ford put on it after the firestone deal... Looks brand new on inside and out.

That sounds like a helluva creampuff with a heckuva lot of life left, you will be making money every time you drive it, even if it does use a bit more gas than some econobox junk.

I looked at 2 new 2011 Exploders this weekend and man are they sweet, they were also both FWD and of course V6. The plainer of the 2 was $36k and the high line version which looked fabulous inside and out was $45k.
I also like the Ford Edge but the money is all wrong for me, for a daily driver/winter beater I only want to maybe give up to $7500 which I guess is the new $5000.
I dont like the looks of the Escape but it must sell well like it is because Ford sure insists on keeping it boxy looking, I prefer the more rounded look.
Probably going to be driving the 99 V8 to 300k, at 214k now. :salute:

Yeah, my aunt was SUPER **** about it too. She put plastic on the floors and took it to the ford place to have every single thing done to it..
Get this she bought the 100k warranty or 10year, the 10 year came and went..
Clean as pin underside too. Keep in a garage.

It is my daughters now. She loves it. I tried to get her to trade in on new Honda, but she held fast that its what she wants. She likes the door code deal...

It is my daughters now. She loves it. I tried to get her to trade in on new Honda,

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I think I just had an aneurysm.

You have a mint 97 5.0 AWD Explorer with 35k on the clock, and you want to trade it for a Honda?

:splat:

I think everyone here is forgetting an important fact. If it weren't for people paying these enormous MSRP prices then we would never have had the chance to score the deals we have scored when they are used. I love seeing that the new Explorer is selling so well. That means there will be plenty of used ones on the market in the upcoming years at bargain prices and I can keep being frugal while still driving a great vehicle. :cool:

Back