• Register Today It's free!

How Much Was Your Explorer New?

Mazior R.

Reaction score
City, State
MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer Lim.
I've calculated the cost of ours using the website autoblog and has all options and stuff for our year explorer. Alright so heres the list of options and pricing for each.

MSRP Retail $23,045
Comfort Group $1,245
Premium Sport Package $1,100
5 Speed Auto Trans w/OD $1,095
Power Moonroof $800
Convenience Group $750
4.0 SOHC V6 $540
Black Clearcoat Paint $0
Dark Cloth Interior (grey) $0

Total Cost $28,575 (without tax, etc.)

This is what ours cost new so what about yours? When going to website, it glicthes out but depends on what browser you use. Earliest year is 1999(sorry). Heres the link... Ford Explorer Prices, Reviews and New Model Information - Autoblog
Keep in mind I might be forgetting a few details on our truck and ours is a Sport.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IIRC my 2001 5.0L Eddie Bauer was $36K and change new. I have the original window sticker, which I'll check next time I drive it.

I think I also have the original info on my 2001 Sport Trac, but I don't recall what the window price was off hand. I'll check and report back.

Upcharge for the SOHC. That’s a low blow, Ford....

My Mounty was in the 32k range.

Check on a Saleen XP8 with the carbon fiber hood, CF steering wheel, and supercharger. Those were over $52k.

My last truck, the 98 Limited, I paid a bit over 5% of its original sticker price.

I saw the window sticker some time back, the truck had a MSRP right around 33K in 1997. That's about 52K today.
Not even a special truck, V6 with no moon roof or heated seats. Mom paid 5K for it in 2006? I bought it off her for 2K in 2009ish.

If you must...
Ptr9Cxg.jpg

Around 35K in 1996. The EB, Not the limited, not FULLY loaded but quite loaded. Missing a tow package, maybe some other small feature.

Ford was printing cash then selling rangers with a topper for 2-3x their value, with a few extra toys.

Team TARDIS

Team TARDIS MSRP.png

Were the rear cargo covers standard? I noticed it was mentioned on another sticker. I don't have one, maybe the PO took it away or it just wasn't included.

I don't believe the cargo cover was standard. It was probably part of some interior option group. I could be wrong. I've never used mine, but then I don't typically leave stuff in my truck.

Back