Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 113 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

that sure is a random number for a body lift! that may not be enough lift to clear 33"s, but if they fit they'll look awesome. I love the "stuffed" wheel well look on vehicles

are you considering a BTF lift aswell?

I'm not entirely sure if the 33's will fit. I just found a random lift on ebay for around $230. I'm still trying to find other options. I haven't really looked into the BTF lift but will certainly check it out!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A 2.25 front, 1.75 rear btf lift will level out the stance of your explorer and allow you to run a 33" tire. The btf lift was $250 iirc
keep in mind that you can not fit a 33" on the stock rims without wheel spacers, or just get aftermarlet rims with enough back spacing and offset

N.gardner has a 2.25 front, 1.75 rear btf lift with 33" tires on 16" rims
1441908c.jpg

Can't wait to see what you come up with! ;)

It shall be interesting. I have looked at pics and it may be a difficult task but I'm sure I can come up with something.

JY-13.jpg

JY-14.jpg

Some custom wheels would really set a good look. Still need to make some adjustments to it.

Im going to go take some shots with my real camera and will be back to edit this.

EDIT: Better shots added.

Wicked roo bar mate!!:D:thumbsup:

i like it :thumbsup: how much did it run ya?

I loved the way your truck looked since i joined this website Nate ,
but if i may state my humble opinion that bar dont look like it belongs to your beautiful truck , again no offense to anyone just my opinion :p:

Looks awesome! How would you describe the build quality? is everything even/straight? Would you reccomend one? I'm considering ordering one, but i'd like to hear some trustworthy feedback. :)

looks good nate. just need lights, a lift, and some nice wheels to finish eveything off!

DSC09793.jpg

JY-13.jpg

JY-14.jpg

Some custom wheels would really set a good look. Still need to make some adjustments to it.

Im going to go take some shots with my real camera and will be back to edit this.

EDIT: Better shots added.

That is one good looking brush guard! Im a big fan of your Ex!

Looks awesome! How would you describe the build quality? is everything even/straight? Would you reccomend one? I'm considering ordering one, but i'd like to hear some trustworthy feedback. :)
The brush guard is good for the price. I need to adjust stuff on it but everything seems to be straight. I would buy it all over again if I had the choice to.

i like it :thumbsup: how much did it run ya?
About $280.00

I loved the way your truck looked since i joined this website Nate ,
but if i may state my humble opinion that bar dont look like it belongs to your beautiful truck , again no offense to anyone just my opinion :p:
No offense taken! Glad to hear your views. I'm still trying to get used to it being there. Makes my truck feels larger, like an Expedition. I'm not 100% sure I like it just yet, but that was the same way with the bull bar I used to have. That gives me an idea

Looks nice! Exactly what color is that, on your registry it looked like a darker blue. EDIT: I'm loving the way the billet grilles look on your Ex!

Sorry to spam this thread with photos of my truck, but I had an idea. Lets see what everyone thinks looks best...
1)
JY-14.jpg

2)
12-1.jpg

3)
J-16.jpg

Let me hear your feedback.

Version 3 for me Nate, i'm with TheTurk on this one. Then version 2, then version 1. Just my personal preference, but the bull bars seem a bit overkill. Do you have much wandering stock in Utah?

Version 3 for me Nate, i'm with TheTurk on this one. Then version 2, then version 1. Just my personal preference, but the bull bars seem a bit overkill. Do you have much wandering stock in Utah?

Get in the back country and rural areas, yes. In city not really.

Version 3 is the off-road one. I definately need tow hooks off road.

"3" all the way :thumbsup:

id like to steal that grill of yours looks awesome; did you fabricate it yourself?
i want something like that for my bumper ...

Get in the back country and rural areas, yes. In city not really.

Version 3 is the off-road one. I definately need tow hooks off road.

You might be able to get a front receiver to mount under the brush guard and put a d-ring in it for recovery purposes.

It's hard to run both the brushguard and tow hooks unless you have a 3" body lift (basically you put the brushguard brackets into the open ends of the frame that get uncovered from the body lift, then you mount the tow hooks in the normal location. the tow hook bolts also attach the brush guard mounts to the frame.)

Another option might be to drill new mounting holes for the tow hooks on the sides of the frame rails and mount them that way.

id like to steal that grill of yours looks awesome; did you fabricate it yourself?
i want something like that for my bumper ...

I bought that grille off of ebay. The upper one (which I have) was actually a grille overlay. So I bought a stock grille from this guy who lives a few streets away and just dremeled it out until I had the outter shell.

They do make a bumper insert.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bought that grille off of ebay. The upper one (which I have) was actually a grille overlay. So I bought a stock grille from this guy who lives a few streets away and just dremeled it out until I had the outter shell.

They do make a bumper insert.

if you ever come across to link of that bumper grill insert please post or pm me , i cant for the life of me find it :(

Back