Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 154 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BEFORE: 275/45r20
100_0651.jpg

AFTER: 275/60r20 (Cooper Zeon LTZ 33.03x11.06)
100_0676.jpg

More pictures in my registry. Link is "Vera" in my signature
|
|
|
|
V

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Steve, that is awesome!! :eek: I like the tires in the second picture better, but that's just me. :dunno:

thanks ron! and yeah the 275/45s went right in the dumpster, lol the 275/60s ride pretty nice too!

I love the rims too. :biggthump

Looks much better with the larger tires!!! Have you figured out what you are doing with the coating yet? I wonder how it'd look with the lip all polished and leave the tongue groove black?

Thanks Limited. And I'm just gonna run them through the snow and have them blasted and powdercoated the same two tone color

hi steve, good choice the new tires.
I will go first with 255/75-17 tires soon.

greetings from germany, tom

Good lookin ride kazer:thumbsup:

Sweet. Unfortunately I do not have any extra cash as of right now. :(

Well if you go through your truck and house for change Im sure you can get started...I'm sure they'll be available for a little while.

What I do when I want to buy something inexpensive for my truck but really don't want to take anything out of the bank I just start putting my pocket change in a jar...get there quicker than you think. Makes you think your not really spending as much when you do it that way.

had a day off from work today and detailed the exterior of the ex. she looks good for 9 years old and 130,000 mile. i finally got to take some pictures of her inch and half taller
before
IMG_2483-1.jpg

after
IMG_3136.jpg

IMG_3138.jpg

its kind of hard to tell the difference in the pictures but in person you can defiantly tell
i also bought king two 12inch jl w1's sub woofers for Christmas, im $900 broker but they sound awesome
IMG_3142.jpg

Saw this the other day and thought it was pretty cool ive never seen it before. And I didnt recognize the explorer as anyones off of here but the whole double hitch thing is kinda cool.

securedownload-2.jpg

Not necessarily anything cool about it...it's not for dual capability...no one manufactures an OEM replacement for our hitches so if you want to upgrade to a class III, the only kind you will find bolts underneath the OEM hitch.

Plus I don't understand anyone who uses a ball mount with a rise...I tow a 28ft boat (not with the ex)and use a 3in drop hitch....I've never seen a trailer that was higher than the hitch of any vehicle.

Lol yeah thats what I wanted to say i just didnt wanna be mean..Idk what the reasoning was behind having 2 hitches

It's not about having two hitches...If you want to upgrade to the class III hitch you cannot remove the class II because the OEM hitch acts as part of the frame.

Well you can unbolt the OEM hitch and put the class III in there..I think this guy was just too lazy too

No, that's really how your supposed to do it.

Plus if you remove the OEM hitch, you then have a gap in the bumper...now that would look stupid.

My father had to do something like that for our hay trailer. Was a really long and high trailer, but now he plus it with his lifted truck and he can use a reg hitch. But I do not see that x pulling a trailer loaded with 300+ bails of hay! LOL!

Yeah I dont see a point with the double hitch on our explorers. Im probably never gonna tow anything, much less something that requires a class III

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I personally want tje class 3 just becuase the 2 looks wierd, and they are impossible so I can c y he inslalled the two tier setup

Back