• Register Today It's free!

leaf over and tt lift possible?

crazycoop

Reaction score
City, State
tulsa,ok
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 xlt and 91eb
is a rear leaf over and tt lift possible on a 00 ex and if so how much lift will it give

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

spring over axle will give 5 inches in the back, and tt will get 1.5 inches in front,,

ok so that would be out of the qus. to make it level than. so i gess if i go with leaf over id have to add new springs and spacers, cv's and all then

thanks for the link thats helped me figure out what i want to do but im not sure about the bl in the front. bc i want to add a grill and brush guard on the front

Just need fabricated mounts for a brush guard if you have a body lift. Not that hard. Still possible.

I have it done on mine, It used to be a 3.5 in tt up front with a 5 in SOA in back when I was 2wd but I have since converted the front end to a 4wd so I had to lower the front back down to probably a 2 in tt and I have quite a bit of rake but I like it, and the amount of clearance gained in the rear is way worth it to me. It looks kinda like a stock pickup rake. I can get some pics if you would like.

Here are the pics, and just put the 4wd front end in the other day so could someone tell me if those cv's look to be at an ok angle.
Oh and by the way that is with the overload leaf taken out.

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

IMG_1980.jpg

thanks that looks good. it should look about the same even though i have a 4dr and ill take a look at my cv's today why im at work and ill let you know even though im still stock right now.

Sweet, I cant wait to get a trans and transfer case and have 4wd. I have been offroading my 2wd for 3 years now and it does really good up until one recent run that made me decide it was time haha.

yeap that looks good based off mine. i think im going to go with this lift what all did you need to do for the rear. and ill add some day/night pics this weekend of mine and what ive done so far.

I just bought a set of leaf spring perches from a local performance shop but you can get them at summitracing.com or somewhere else, they need to be 3.25 in diameter but I just got a 3 in diameter and used a grinder to make it wide enough for the axle tube. Then I took my axle to a local welding shop and had them weld the perches on at the same angle that the other perches were at, so the pinion angle is correct, and it doesn't vibrate one bit. Also I took out the overload since its quite thick, but I have an add a leaf in there so yours might sit more even than mine. I mounted my shocks through the top hole in the sway bar mount, you can have your shock bolt welded through the hole so its like a stud to mount your shock. In all it cost me 20 for the perches and 40 to have them welded, so 60 bucks for that much clearance is worth it to me. Here are some pics of how I did mine.
explorerexhaust057.jpg

explorerexhaust058.jpg

Damn I really like the snorkel, Im definitely going to have to make that mod soon, and the the whole truck looks great. Also by the way on those last shots of the rear end I have since moved the shocks to the lowest hole on the sway bar mount which seems to work better, though I havent gotten a chance to flex it with them down there yet.

:popcorn: Im going to be watching and waiting for pictures! i plan to do this mod in a few months once im out of school.

Chasethexplorer it doesnt look like it but did you have to change the angle of your axle to compensate for the longer length from tranny/tcase to diff? also how is the ride on pavement with the added lift and without the sway bar?

rabbit, I have not yet put the tranfer case in because I still need to get that a 4wd trans with 1354 and driveshafts, once money permits me to do so. The ride is real similar to how it was with no front or rear sway bars with SUA which is how it was before, but just a little more tippy feeling. I would its gotta a hell of a lot of body roll but honestly I can still take corners faster than I should haha.

this sounds promising! i dont mind a more tippy feeling but i dont want too much for times on long road trips when the Gf will be driving.

i still have both my sway bars but i really want to disconnect the rear one because of the added flex. im worried about doing the front because i just imagine it being bad for the cv joints when the wheels are fully flexed out (i am probably wrong) . . . maybe quick disconnects are in my future

also is there a reason that i havent seen a rear sway and soa in any pictures (not just this thread) does the new location for the springs get in the way ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not sure about the sway bar with SOA because I removed mine long before I did it and it really does add a lot of flex, I would just remove the rear and leave the front if your worried about body roll.

Back