pictures of your 2011-12 black explorer w / upgrades | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

pictures of your 2011-12 black explorer w / upgrades

If you could post some pics, that would be a huge help :) Maybe we can come up with something for you.

Here ya go!!

IMAG0262.jpg

IMAG0266.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thread was moved into the Modified 2011 forum.

Ya I kinda agree with you..........those should blend in especially on a Tuxedo Black Ex.

I would go back to the dealer and have them taken off

What was that dealer thinking...

Ya I kinda agree with you..........those should blend in especially on a Tuxedo Black Ex.

I would go back to the dealer and have them taken off

I second that.

Wow, get those taken off!! You can try a hot hair dryer to heat up the backing/tape and slowly peel it off as you heat it up. May have some residue to clean off and may have to possibly do a polish on them, but heck, thats better than having those chrome ones on there.

I thought about the hairdryer too, but my concern would be damaging something else in removing them.

Try the dealer first, then go for the hair dryer (we used one to remove the dealer badges off our cars). Just don't use a heat gun! There is so much plastic on the car it might just melt down to the wheels :D

dealer won't take them off. They removed the price from the deal but they are afraid if they scratch or damage the OEM molding underneath that they will have to eat the cost of the repair. According to them they lost money on this deal with it being X-plan and incentives.

Even my salesman was not happy about this. They added them with-out telling anyone on the sales team or asking for their advice.

Wow, get those taken off!! You can try a hot hair dryer to heat up the backing/tape and slowly peel it off as you heat it up. May have some residue to clean off and may have to possibly do a polish on them, but heck, thats better than having those chrome ones on there.

Agreed. I love everything about this truck...except those chrome pillars

My 2011 White Platinum w/ Black Horse Bull Bar

6918898095_73af165285_b.jpg

I agree, does the dealer have a good body shop? They should be taking them off the correct way, and reinstall the factory style

My Limited had some ugly chrome pillar molding added while the truck was on the lot. I hate them. The dealer removed the price of them from the deal but would not the them off for fear they may scratch / damage the pillar moving underneath. The chrome crap is stick-on with double-sided tape. Anyone know an easy way to get these off??

My cargo net was in the glove-box when I bought mine. I thought they came with it

Heat gun would work. Feather the heat on it though direct and constant heat may cause paint issues

I have used fishing line to remove dealer badges. Then all you need to do is peel off the glue.

Opinion please...
Along the bottom of the doors there is an aluminum bright finish door strip. I want to paint these black to match the black body molding. I'm not a fan of a lot of chrome, but that's just personal opinion. However, not sure of the look with the chrome door handles as maybe they will stick out like a sore thumb.
Um, maybe time to Photoshop to see how it looks.
Your thoughts?

Explorerrims1.jpg

photo3.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

20" rims
nerf bars
shark fin antenna

Got the chrome pillar moldings off. Ended up with 1 scratch on my exterior. Gonna take it to dealer and also Carsmetics to get some quotes on getting it fixed. I taped up the area around the pillars but the last piece I pulled snapped back like an accordion when I removed it and the sharp edge nicked the paint thru the multi-layers of tape :(

Westin nerf bars.

Attachments

• IMG_0755.jpeg
    IMG_0755.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,713

Westin nerf bars.

I went with these after checking various sites.

Attachments

• IMG_1154.JPG
    IMG_1154.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 2,005
  • IMG_0996.jpeg
    IMG_0996.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,686
  • IMG_0995.jpeg
    IMG_0995.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,689
  • IMG_0993.jpeg
    IMG_0993.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 1,688

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back