Wheels-2012 xlt | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheels-2012 xlt

mitch13

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 XLT
Hey Guys, first time posting, sorry if it isnt the right area! I just picked up a 2012 Ford Explorer XLT (ignot silver). Im looking at taking the 18" factory rims off and getting some aftermarket rims put on it. Im looking at trying to keep the price around $150ish. Does anyone have any recommendations on a rim that would look good on it? Also looking for recommendations on whether they should be chrome, chrome/black, black, etc. This will be the first vehicle I put rims on so Im looking to get some opinions from the experts :) Appreciate any help!

Mitch

Tire rack.com has a nice visualizer tool for its wheel selection. However, $150 each is going to be tough, if you want a good quality wheel.

Hey Guys, first time posting, sorry if it isnt the right area! I just picked up a 2012 Ford Explorer XLT (ignot silver). Im looking at taking the 18" factory rims off and getting some aftermarket rims put on it. Im looking at trying to keep the price around $150ish. Does anyone have any recommendations on a rim that would look good on it? Also looking for recommendations on whether they should be chrome, chrome/black, black, etc. This will be the first vehicle I put rims on so Im looking to get some opinions from the experts :) Appreciate any help!

Mitch
Welcome to the Forum mitch13.:wavey:
The forum has a 'Search' function that you can use. There are several threads in the 'Modified' forum on wheels. Here is one you can check out.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328904&highlight=wheels

Good luck.

Peter

Thanks guys appreciate the advice. Still looking for opinions on whether the vehicle would look good with chrome or black (or a mix) rims or maybe something else you guys can think of. Im not planning on doing anything else besides tinting the windows. Thanks again!

Back