• Register Today It's free!

My Explorer's first mod

jay_there84

Reaction score
City, State
el paso, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 ford explorer
Finally ordered a 40 series flowmaster and summit racing chrome tip for my 06 explorer. I've had my ex for 5 years and I've always wanted to upgrade it but never had the chance until now. I can't wait till they get delivered. I've gotten quotes from some local muffler shops and the cheapest I've found was 100 bucks to weld the muffler, tip, and remove the resonator. Im also doing a tune up so I decided to get the NGK Iridium plugs. I've heard the ngk iridiums plugs give a real smooth ride.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good Choice

I installed a 40 series and chrome tip, cut off the resonator on my 06 explorer. Sounds great. I love the new sound Im sure you will too. Great choice for a first mod. Are you going to point the exhaust in the rear or the side of the truck. I had mine aimed out the side almost like stock. She growls.

Thanks, I'm hoping it sounds good. I actually haven't decided how I was going to point it. I was leaning more to the side than just straight back. Do you have any pics?

I will take a pic later tonight and have it posted tomorrow. I would have it point out the side like stock but thats my opinion.

Cool sounds good, I want to mount it to the side but it depends on how the tip looks sideways. The online pics aren't really great to go off of.

My Pics

My pics are not that great either. The trucks all dirty from the snow last week.
mikeex2.jpg

mikeex1.jpg

Mikeex.jpg

I saw an ex with it out to the rear. It looked funky cause it was only one pipe.

wow that does look sweet, i'm definitely setting it up like that.

I like it

I like the sound and the look. Also for like 170 bucks think about an HID kit. I just finally found a kit online that works for our truck and will not throw a dash light or flicker on hi beams.... yes this kit is Hi/Lo beams.. check out my other posting, Its all plug and play kit.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=351682

They look pretty good even without the projectors. I got the 4300k and it looks clean. Like the BMWs and Bens. Ice white. Have fun with the exhaust. Post some pics and let me know what you think of the lights on my post.

Yeah I'll check out the hids too. Do you have a cold air intake? I also want to put lowering springs but I'm going to wait till my shocks go out. I have a lot of plans for my ex, it will take me a while to get it the way I want it. I kind of want to do a Harley Davidson theme.

Back