Got my new ride - green gem Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got my new ride - green gem Limited

Matt228

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Green Gem Limited
After a lengthy wait (we ordered on 11/2), our Explorer finally came in Wednesday. We picked it up yesterday and these pics were taken today.

2013 Explorer Limited - green gem, dual moon roof, polished 20's, BLISS
HIDs are on the top of my list of things to add.

I went out kind of late in the day today, but when the sun hits this green, it really pops!

DSC_0545_zps2afda8a5.jpg

DSC_0540_zps42e88887.jpg

DSC_0534_zpsc717550d.jpg

DSC_0532_zps2f5bf298.jpg

DSC_0537_zps1fb71397.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Beautiful! You are one lucky dog!

Very very very nice. I'm digging the beautiful green exterior with the tan interior. Really tasteful.

If you ordered a Limited, shouldn't it have then have come with HID's.

Nice looking Green Gem Metallic!

If I had gotten the 302A package, yes.

But I got the 301A so no.

If I had gotten the 302A package, yes.

But I got the 301A so no.
In Canada, all Limiteds come with HID as standard equipment. Not sure why it is different.:dunno:
Any way, that is a very nice loking vehicle. Amazing how the sun brings out the true colour.
From one Ottawa (ON) area owner to another Ottawa (IL) owner, best wishes for the new year.:thumbsup:

Peter

Very nice, looks black in the first photo then pops the green when the sun hits it......have not seen that colour in person yet.

Very nice, looks black in the first photo then pops the green when the sun hits it......have not seen that colour in person yet.

Until ours came in, neither had I!

At least not on an Explorer. I wanted blue but had told the wife about green gem. She saw one while out of town and fell in love. I'm very happy with it now that we've got it.

lol changed my mind...

Closed a deal on friday that had my Ford dealer scrambling to locate a black tuxedo Explorer XLT... took a drive on sunday and saw the Green gem at another dealer (my dealer didnt have one in stock) .. on the phone with him first thing this morning.. now my dealer is scrambling for a Green Gem XLT... lol he may hate me when this is all said and done..:) Well worth it to me though... heads and shoulders better looking color on that vehicle.. cant wait to get mine .. supposed to be here Thursday..we'll see

My wife also fell in love with the Green Gem XLT...initially we wanted White or Black, but as soon as she saw the green it was all over.

Must still be a pretty rare color...haven't seen any others on the road.

Congrats on the new purchase.

:eek: I absolutely love the color!! :eek:

After a lengthy wait (we ordered on 11/2), our Explorer finally came in Wednesday. We picked it up yesterday and these pics were taken today.

2013 Explorer Limited - green gem, dual moon roof, polished 20's, BLISS
HIDs are on the top of my list of things to add.

I went out kind of late in the day today, but when the sun hits this green, it really pops!...

WOW! What a stunner, Matt228! I'm glad to hear that your Explorer has arrived in its new home. If you need anything in the future, you know how to reach me.

Crystal

Thanks everyone!

Very happy with it so far, just not happy with the amount of salt on our roads making it filthy!

Back