My 2000 Moutaineer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2000 Moutaineer

well i have been reading and have been gathering most of what i need so i figure its about time i make a registry. I have a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer Premier AWD V-8 which is now almost at 160,000 Miles

Heres a few pics stock
stock1.jpg

stock2.jpg

stock3.jpg

stock4.jpg

only things i have done so far is new leaf springs and the hitch

as for my plans im going to be putting some Rancho 5000s on there

and lifting plans:
Shackles.jpg

shackles are going on soon
AND
Bodyliftkit.jpg

this is going on as soon as i get the $ for new wheels and tires :)

its a 3 inch body lift so im probably going with some 15x8 wheels and some 33x12.5x15 BFG A/T tires its probably going to eat gas like i eat cookies but its still going to be my DD :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just ordered my AALs. They are only 34$ shipped on amazon if anyone is looking for them. Save yourself the 10$

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Mounty looks good!

Good tip on the amazon add-a-leafs. I think I'm just going to stick to that with no extended shackles...so I might get my oem shackles there too. Lol

Mounty looks good!

Good tip on the amazon add-a-leafs. I think I'm just going to stick to that with no extended shackles...so I might get my oem shackles there too. Lol

it depends how much lift you want if you want to just level it out id def go with AALs. i was actually just looking at your EX it looks very nice love the wheels and im just thinking i have a set of almost new OEM shackles if youre interested. probably be alot cheaper than ordering them new. PM me if youre interested

and a little update the AALs came in the mail today! free shipping and they came in a day! i love amazon! lol

92e199de.jpg

Got the AALs. Now if only it would warm up so I can put them in! Lol

picked up a bugshield and sunshade from a guy in craigslist today. 10$ each. bugshield was brand new in the box too!

c266bf02.jpg

d8be5323.jpg

Haven't updated in a while so I'll just throw one out there. Did the throttle cable mod made so much more of a difference than I expected!! Also got some Monroe coil overs that gonna put in this weekend. Might also redo my Swiss cheese airbox and open it up a little more. Pics after shocks and whatnot.

Put the coil overs in back.
3b0cb027.jpg

191e96af.jpg

Definately raised it a good inch or two
0e3a7a80.jpg

New shoes!!!!!!!

Well I got the new tires :) looks like only minor trimming will be needed. Very minor. Lol.

BEFORE
0e3a7a80.jpg

AFTER
5c8e18e7.jpg

Took off the blue. They are 265/75r16 definity Dakota ATs. My speedo seems to be close but I'm probably gonna have my mechanic reprogram for these.

Installed my CB. (Again lol) this is where it's staying. Going to get the piece to mount the Mic today. Just gotta find it lol. Had to do a little trimming but nothing major. Got the idea for location from somebody on here I can't remember who tho... Just waiting on some longer antennas lol

667c1799.jpg

1c4342ea.jpg

2ff89433.jpg

98ad5d54.jpg

Looking good! What size antennas you going with. I have 3'. I don't get great range, but I already hit them off my garage, parking garages and in the car wash and stuff.

Looking good! What size antennas you going with. I have 3'. I don't get great range, but I already hit them off my garage, parking garages and in the car wash and stuff.

Thanks! And honestly I'm not sure. My friends dad has a few antennas he's going to give me but idk how big they are. Probably 3 feet

Got the longer antennas. Should have better range now :) dual white taillight mounted. Abt 4 ft I think. Now I just need to put on the skid plates and I'll be ready for the trail :)

af92e3a3.jpg

2 coats of rustoleum bare metal primer
2coats of rustoleum semi gloss black
And 4-5 coats of rustoleum clear coat.
I went a little nuts on the clear coat haha
Inside just has a layer of whit paint I had laying around and 2 of clear just for rust protection. Idc if that looks pretty lol

ea6762d7.jpg

9c5fa537.jpg

the plates are built for a ranger So the front bolted right up but it looks like the T-Case needs to be widened :p nbd project for me and mt BFH another day :p I'll put pics of the front up installed later

Glad to see you went for the skid plates! I guess the v8 models don't have transfer case skid plates stock... I have one stock on my sport.

I do see he added a little more detail to the front plate, mine is just a solid sheet. Looks good. I did similar protection to mine, and put bedliner on top. It'll get scrapped off on the first thing you hit it on. But you just shoot more black right over it and move on.

Now we need pictures of the plate on the truck

Glad to see you went for the skid plates! I guess the v8 models don't have transfer case skid plates stock... I have one stock on my sport.

I do see he added a little more detail to the front plate, mine is just a solid sheet. Looks good. I did similar protection to mine, and put bedliner on top. It'll get scrapped off on the first thing you hit it on. But you just shoot more black right over it and move on.

Now we need pictures of the plate on the truck

Yeah thanks again for pointing me to that! And I know it'll get scraped off but I'll get over it lol and I'll post pics after I get it back from my mechanic. My mom kept bugging me about a leak I have and since 1, I don't have time to find it right now and 2, I just got a tattoo so I can't roll in the dirt ill let that be his headache lol

just ordered my Flowmaster Cat-back system today.
replacing lower ball joints has been placed on my TO-DO list

Tuned antennas best I could. Ch. 1 is at 1.4swr and ch.40 is at 1.9 swr. Might try a little more later on to really get it down more but I don't see a need to

Tuning in to see the front plate mounted. May have to purchase one of these. When you get it mounted could you post pics of the mounting locations. Thanks!

Your rig is looking quite nice!

Back