2002 Mounty Front Seat support bracket broken | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Mounty Front Seat support bracket broken

murray978

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Mercury Mountaineer
Noob here so hope this is in the right place.

I have a 2002 Mounty with 125K. A bracket under the drivers seat is broken It appears to be a support bracket from the frame to the piece that is attached to the rail. It is at the back of the seat. Looks like the metal split in 2. The seat still moves in the rail and adjusts but leans to the left. There is a matching bracket on the other side.

A few questions: could this be welded? could this bracket be purchased and installed? how would I find info on this part if available?

Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My drivers seat frame just broke. Just wondering if you found a better parts diagram? Mine sounds like it broke similar to yours, just that it broke on the console side, just below the track. It still moves fine, just squeeks and moves a little

I don't have a diagram. Ended up having to take my seat out completely and did a quick weld to repair it. Sounds like yours is similar but not quite the same part. I will take a few pics and post.

Here is an image of where mine has broken

IMG_20120930_144913.jpg

.jpg

Mine broke in the same place. How were you able to fix?

Took the seat out, four 14 mm bolts and 2 plugs. And then I had a friend weld it up. Not even a half an hour from start to finish. Just do a little grinding to remove the rust and hit it with a mig or tig welder. I put a bead all along the crack.

Took the seat out, four 14 mm bolts and 2 plugs. And then I had a friend weld it up. Not even a half an hour from start to finish. Just do a little griding to remove the rust and hit it with a mig or fig welder. I put a bead all along the crack.

Is that french you are speaking(no idea about welding at all)...will have to find a welder..

A cold weld (JBWeld) would work in this situation also, just make sure both parts are clean and rust free first.

Back